Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jons_angel_2005 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2007, 09:13 PM
    ELLO Everyone I have a ? About concieving
    Hey all I was on a short vacation that is why I haven't posted anything in a while. I have been of my birth control pills for about 8 1/2 months now and I have still not gotten pregnant. I'm a healthy 22 almost 23 year old young lady except for my diabetes and my husband is a healthy 23 almost 24 year old young man. Should I be worried about myself not getting pregnant by now or do you all think it will take a little more time? Do you all think I should see my doctor about it? Please let me know what you all think. Oh yeah this will be our first child if that helps any?:confused: :(
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Aug 26, 2007, 10:26 PM
    Well if your on birth control pills your not going to get pregnant.
    And I've heard once you go off them it can take up to a year to fall pregnant.
    You may be better off seeing your doctor
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 11:24 PM
    It can take healthy couples whom have never been on birth control up to a year to get pregnant; after a year of trying is when you should consult your doctor. Have you been charting your fertility signs? Has your husbands sperm count been checked? These are important factors to consider. It's also a good idea to relax and not get too worked up about it; this can cause stress which can slow the process down a bit.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 05:12 AM
    It takes some time for your body to get back to normal after being on BC. As was stated, most people take a year to get pregnant, and usually most doctors won't start to intervene until at least a year of being unsuccessful.
    At this point I don't think there is really anything to worry about. However I would suggest going to you doctor, telling he/she that you are trying to get pregnant. Get a check-up, start prenatal vitamins and relax :) Have fun with it!

Aug 27, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Hey all thanks for the advice. And Sarah I'm not trying to be mean or anything but I am not an idiot I know you can't get pregnant when your on the birth control I am not on it any more it will be a year in November since I have taken it. You should slow down and read slower lol sorry its been a bad week last week for me OK well anyway thanks all for the advice ill let you know what happens!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 09:43 AM
    In Sarahs defense you did have a typo that could have confused anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by jons_angel_2005
    I have been of my birth control pills for about 8 1/2 months now and i have still not gotten pregnant.
    "I have been of my birth control... " so I assumed because of the question you merely forgot another "f" but some readers could have thought you meant to put an "n" instead of a "f" which would then imply you were on birth control.

These people are trying to help you and give advice... so instead of telling them to 'read more slowly' you should maybe type more slowly so there are no typos and people will understand what you are asking.

Just some humble advice :)

Aug 27, 2007, 09:52 AM
    Oh my bad sorry about that. Like I said it was a bad week for me and it still isn't lol sorry all for being pissy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tips for concieving a girl also ovulation questions [ 14 Answers ]

First I would just like to say that no matter what I conceive I will love him or her unconditionally and with that said the only reason I am asking is because my husband and I have 2 boys already and we have agreed to only have one more child. I love my boys (who were not planned) but would...

Querry regarding concieving [ 1 Answers ]

Hi M 25years old... and married in 2005. And after 2 months of marriage I conceived a baby but that time my hubby didn't want any child... and we abort that one... But now we both want to have an issue... and for that we tried from last one year... and after that abortion I faced problem in my...

View more questions Search