Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JJAAdownlow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 11:07 PM
    Trouble with Neighbor/Ex-Good Friends
    I am so happy you have this forum. I am in a really awful situation with my neighbors who were also, mine and my husbands very good friends... and out children play together.

One month ago, the Husband asked if he could borrow a couple of appetite suppresants from me... I didn't think anything about it a prescription medication and I gave him almost half. I did this because he told me they were for his wife (my good friend) and he would replace them in a couple of days. He also asked that I not tell her I gave them to her because she didn't want anyone to know she was taking them. Yes, I did think that was strange.

A little history... this guy is definitely a Pathological Liar. His lies had never harmed us in any way and besides that terrible character defect, we thought he was a pretty descent guy.

Folks... the past 3 days has been a nightmare. I called him and asked him when he thought he could replace what I loaned him. His wife called me back... remember, she didn't want anyone to know... Well this is all a lie. She did not want or ask for the diet pills and I told her what her husband said and did. THE HUSBAND TOLD HER HE NEVER ASKED ME FOR ANYTHING AND I WAS LYING!! I am so angry and confused.

He has basically declared War on me... He is saying terrible things like, "I bought pain medication from him"... which I have never taken... I don't think. Wouldn't that make him a drug dealer?

I had to block them from sending me e-mails because they were threatening to tell all these lies about me. I am not going to get the law involved because this really is kind of stupid!!

I want some advise... clever advise on how I can maybe Scare him away so he'll back off. I can't think of anything else to do about this. I wish I could Scare the crap out of him by making him think he committed a crime or something?

I know this is just horrible... I am just clueless as to why, after 5 years, this would happen and they would think I would do something like this.

Oh, by the way... he is a little crazy. He lifts weights and takes steroids (Testosterone). I just want to make him paranoid... you know, looking over his should so this will stop.

Can anyone help me?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 27, 2007, 10:50 PM
    Well first of all you should never give prescription drugs to people and if someone say's to you "don't tell my wife" that should be a sign that something is up, especially of you already know the man is a liar.
    Block you e-mails and don't speak to them. If you don't want to get the law involved, ignore them. If you start doing stuff to scare them or get back at them then you're acting as weird as you say they are.
    You guys are how old?
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2007, 11:15 PM
    JJAA,
    I can sympathize with you on wanting to get somebody back and scare them.
    I'm going through similar feelings but with a different situation.
    The anger and hurt in my heart wants to lash out and destroy all,
    But the better side of me is keeping me from doing that.
    You have to be mature about your actions and think cautiously about what you are wanting to do.
    From what you described, both of you made poor choices that has created this situation.
    Be the bigger person and let it go.
    Learn from the mistake instead of dragging around dirty laundry about your neighbors.
    You don't want them to start coming up with things to try and get you in trouble.
    The problem will disappear faster that way with less stress to you.
    lacuran8626 Posts: 270, Reputation: 57

Aug 28, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Let it go. He's abusing drugs, his wife will figure it out if she hasn't already, and he wanted the pills for himself because they are stimulants and work like speed for an addict. His use of steroids and other behaviors could make him violent even if he has no history of it, and even if he seems like the last person who would ever act in a physical way. Your plan to make him paranoid is very problematic. If you see the wife, you can simply apologize for giving him the pills (you were wrong and broke the law in doing so) and reiterate that his accusations are not true and that you are concerned for him and are there for her. Tell her that if she cannot accept your apology and does not believe you, it will be regretable but that you have nothing more to say about it.

Then leave them alone. Abandon your idea of scaring him into backing off and if he makes outright threats, report it. You would then have to admit to dispensing prescription meds to someone else, and could face charges so if you can just let it go, that would be the best thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

Do you have to be good friends with boyfriend's friend for a relationship to work? [ 2 Answers ]

Does two people have to know each other really well before getting into a relationship? Or can you get to know each other while dating and thereby improving your relationship? Is it important that you are friends with his friends (meaning you can chill and hang out with his friends too, like you...

View more questions Search