Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lacjud Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2004, 05:34 PM
    PC loses power
    ?? Hello, while I have been online now for 3 years, I don't know all the lingo or even how much memory etc this PC has... every once in a while, it is like I lose power , at the top of my screen is sky blue.. when my PC loses power or whatever is wrong, it fades to light blue, and then I have to take the mouse and just click anyplace for the color to come back so I can start typing again, 2 days ago I installed SP2 and now this annoying thing happens every 30 seconds, does anyone know what is wrong and how can I fix it? It has happened 5 times now while I have typed this post out, thank you...
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Oct 10, 2004, 03:56 PM
    Please Help
    Unfortunately, SP2 for Windows XP still has a lot of bugs in it. In my experience, in only about 50-60% of the time will SP2 load without causing any problems. The easiest fix is to simply go into control panel and enter ADD/REMOVE programs and uninstall SP2 until the bugs are worked out some time in the future. SP2 works best on a new system or a clean install of Windows before you start loading a lot of programs on the system. You are very fortunate that your system even booted up at all. In most cases when there is a problem, the computer will not even boot into Windows after installing SP2.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Team India loses... again [ 2 Answers ]

Well well... once again. Are we getting used to it?

My well pup loses prime every time it goes off. [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced everything including the pump itself, the checkvalve and all of the pvc back to where it disappears under the paved driveway. Any ideas other that breaking up the concrete and locating the well itself? The pump does produce water at regular pressure after a 2-3 minute wait.

Power dvd 5 [ 6 Answers ]

Right, I need some help with an error I keep getting while trying 2 watch dvds. It says that my " tv out put port of my diplsay card is not working properly" and I don't know how to solve this problem.. can anyone help?

Water central heating system loses pressure [ 5 Answers ]

The central heating system in my 50 year old home seems to be losing water pressure. We thought it might be due to some pipes that were running in a concrete slab and had leaked. We bypassed that, but now the pressure is still not holding. We see no leaks anywhere. Any ideas?

View more questions Search