Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NalvaBabii Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 01:16 PM
    How do you twist a belly piercing?
    My piercer said to twist the belly ring when I'm cleaning it and so that it won't get stuck but do I twist it around in a circle or up and down?
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Both... just move the ring around. You should have a circle shaped ring in, not a barbell correct? I normally rolled the ring like I would roll a wheel on a bike, does that make sense? The I would move the circle to the right to lay flat against my skin and then all the way to the left to lay flat against my skin. You do this so that the skin doesn't start healing to the ring and ultimately grow around it.

Aug 22, 2007, 01:22 PM
    I think I have a brabell in though. And I can't really twist it in a circle because for some reason it won't work. When I'm cleaning it I move it up once and then down and I keep doing that.. I just don't want to move it around too much because I had a friend that got her belly pierced and she twisted it around and she said it hurt a lot so she had to take it out
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 01:54 PM
    If you have a hoop, it will be a complete circle, just as alkaline said. It should have been pierced with a hoop.

If you have a barbell, keep doing as you are doing. Move it up once, down once, and rotate it fully once. You should play with it as little as possible, that's why I say only do these things once a day. How fresh is the piercing? Twisting it may cause it to be a little tender at first, but it will eventually get better. If you don't twist it, the skin can actually grow to the piercing, and if this happens, taking the piercing out can be very difficult.

Like I said, at first when you twist it is normal for it to be a little tender. This is no reason to take the piercing out. Just make sure before you touch it to twist it, wash your hands really good with antibacterial soap to prevent germs and bacteria from getting into the piercing. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 01:58 PM
    I also found that saline solution and sea salt work wonders for the healing process. Helkps your body believe that the piercng is meant to be there. Did you change out the piercing to a barbell?
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alkalineangel
    Did you change out the piercing to a barbell?
    I had to spread the rep, but that's an excellent question. Changing the jewelry too early is a bad idea. :)

Just make sure if you do use saline or salt soaks to not over-do it. Too much of this stuff can cause the piercing to dry out.

Aug 22, 2007, 02:10 PM
    I got it pierced a month ago and I'm going back to the piercing place in a couple days to get the belly ring changed

they pierced it with a barbell

and I tried to twist the belly ring around but it won't work =[ what would happen if I just didn't twist it around and I just move it up and down?
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NalvaBabii
    i got it pierced a month ago and im going back to the piercing place in a couple days to get the belly ring changed

they pierced it with a barbell

and i tried to twist the belly ring around but it wont work =[ what would happen if i just didnt twist it around and i just move it up and down?
    What won't work about it? What is preventing you from twisting it? That is odd.

Moving it up and down should be okay for now, but when you have your piercer change it for you try and get a barbell that is a little more twist friendly.

Aug 22, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Its just hard to twist it around, I don't know maybe its because I have long nails :p
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 02:24 PM
    Haha that could be it. If you are able to move it up and down then that is a good sign that the skin is not growing around the piercing.

Aug 22, 2007, 02:26 PM
    OK thanks! And is it normal for it to sting a little bit when I start to clean it?
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 02:27 PM
    If you are using antibacterial soap it shouldn't sting. Are you putting anything else on it?

Aug 22, 2007, 02:29 PM
    The guy that pierced it told me to use antibacterial soap and bactine
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NalvaBabii
    the guy that pierced it told me to use antibacterial soap and bactine
    I hate to go against what a licensed professional says, but Bactine has harsh chemicals that can dry out and irritate your piercing. If I were the one with the belly piercing, I would not be using Bactine.
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 02:57 PM
    I agree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

How can I find a studiop that will pierce my belly if I live in Leeds,England

Belly piercing [ 8 Answers ]

Ok I got my belly pierced and when I clean it and every thing it still feels like there is soap in it or the salt water but I rinsh it really good so I don't no and I'm getting kind a scared I only hade it picered 4 days.I think it is healing really good though how long should I clean it for?I...

Is my belly piercing infected? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey.. I got my belly pierced like 4 days ago and I have been cleaning it faithfully 3 times a day with dial soap & bactine. Well on the top part of the piercing I'm starting to notice a little tiny bump. Its really small, you can hardly notice it but I don't know what it is and I'm beginning to...

Belly button piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Hi it's me again can I get it done with a gold earing because I'm alergic to silver and soe peopple have told me u can get it done with a gun

Belly Button Piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I have a belly button piercing for about 5 months now and it is taking a very long time to heel. I was told to use Mecca to help it heel but it has been discontinued, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

View more questions Search