Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anniemay9318 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2007, 12:05 PM
    I missed a pill.
    I am 24 years old, and I have been on Orthotricylcin (spelling?) Lo for 8 years. I recently went to the Gyno and because of my severe migraines that I was getting she changed my prescription to something called Loestrogen. I started the pill on Sunday August 12th after my period was over. That whole week that I was on the pill I felt like I had a yeast infection. Then I started to spot a light brown color, but so light that it only came out when I peed. Then on Saturday August 18th I missed my pill completely. I didn't realize it until Sunday when I almost bleed to death. I took one white pill and then on Monday the 20th I took my white pill again at my normal time, and I called my Gyno.
    She told me to double up on it. So that night I went home and took another pill and then the next morning which was Tuesday, I took my pill.
    Mind you, all this time I am still between spotting and bleeding to death. It just can't make up it's mind!
    If I have to be honest, my main concern is that my boyfriend from London that I haven't seen in a long time will be flying in on Saturday and I don't want to be spotting while he is here!
    What should I do? I have three days to get this under control!

Thanks!
    Annie.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2007, 12:12 PM
    I would say the bleeding is a result of changing hormones not missing a pill. Continue as you are and it will regulate. Whether it will happen by Saturday I don't know. I suggest though, if it does, that you double up on protection if you intend to have sex, as when you switch pills/miss pills/ the chances for pregnancy are increased for about a month...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red color pill reached but no period - Birth control Pill [ 11 Answers ]

Hi All, I am on Birth Control Pills (Lutera- 28 pack one) since past 4-5 months. My periods start when I reach the 4th week, i.e when the red color pills start. According to this, my red color pill dosage started yesterday (Sunday) but my periods did not. Am I worrying too much since its been...

My mom has proplems with takeing pill like pain pill and stuff [ 6 Answers ]

I found this pill it is pink oval pill on one side it has a S on it the other side as numbers 8667 with a spilt line to.I would ask her but I don't want me not trusting her driving her back to them.I will trow the pill a way onces I find what it is so please help let me know if is is some kind of...

Missed period after pill [ 1 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex in the middle of November and assumed that I was pregnant and took the morning after pill the next day. I saw some sort of bleeding which was different from my usual periods because it started light and ended heavy it came a week after taking the pill. I did not see my period...

Missed pill [ 1 Answers ]

If you miss a day of your birth control pill, and have sex later that day, will you automatically become pregnant If your boyfriend ejaculates in you? And if so, will taking 2 pills the next morning prevent you from becoming pregnant? Also, If you douche right after sex, does that increase...

Missed a pill... Now I'm spotting [ 9 Answers ]

I am very worried. This is my 3rd month on the pill (ortho tri-cyclen lo). I have never had spotting before, and I always take my pill at the same time every morning. However for the past week and a half I didn't take the pill at exactly the same time every morning, but I would at least in the same...

View more questions Search