Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    E@gle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2005, 06:52 AM
    No signal error
    I recently put together one computer with parts that I ordered from tiger driect. I built my computer just fine and it was up and rnning for hours while I was installing windows xp pro on it. But my friend decided to tell me to overclock the cpu or something.. so he said to go into bios and put the front side bus (fsb) to 400. It was only at 100 and the highest seting was only 200, so he said to put it on that. So I did and saved the bios and rebooted, the only problem was, now my computer restarts and revs as normal, then it decides to disply no signal on the monitor. It says no signal on boot up and the computer still sounds like it is runnign normal. I thought it may be bios and I realized that I needed to flash it. So I flased bios and that didn't solve anything. Its not a vidoe card problem either so I was wondering if someone could help me. Please!!
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Aug 28, 2005, 08:09 AM
    Reset your motherboard!

Look at the manual that came with the motherboard, there should be a jumper on the board that resets the CMOS. Usually you just cut power to the board and change the jumper setting to reset the cmos and set it back again before returning power.

This will hopefully solve your problems. If not I'm stuck!

Investigate what your CPU can be overclocked to before doing it, but I'm sure you've learnt that lesson!

Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No signal on startup? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my problem is this: When I turn on my computer, everything seems normal for a sec or two, but when the display is supposed to react and go from hypernation into active, it doesn't. I have searched the threads to look for a solution, but as I get no signal, I can't even go to the BIOS or...

Monitor - No signal [ 53 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm trying to build my own computer without my husband's help so I can learn stuff along the way. My first obstacle is that the monitor has no signal. The computer I am upgrading is my brother's old one and I played cards on it just last week before he gave it to me. When I brought it home...

No Signal [ 3 Answers ]

Just built a new system. Pretty sure most of the specs are irrelevant except that you should know it's onboard video. So far the best I can come up with is that it's a faulty motherboard. Basically what happens is... nothing. I hook everything up, power up the computer and... nothing. Nothing...

No video no signal [ 5 Answers ]

I had a problem with the video of my computer. There was no screen, it was blank. I tried the monitor on another computer and it worked. I also tried a different monitor on the same computer and it didn't work, so I determined it to be the box. The motherboard has a built in video card, serial,...

No signal to monitor [ 8 Answers ]

OK like a week ago I unhooked my computer then just awhile ago I rehooked it back up and like the computer starts up and everything its just there is no signal to my moniter and the cd rom drive doesn't open or close and I also can't power the computer down by the power button ihave to turn it off...

View more questions Search