Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gwensen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Removing Mortar on top of Brick patio
    How can I remove mortar that the brick layers got on the top of our brick patio. It is not all over, but enough that it needs to be removed.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 1, 2007, 07:01 AM
    You can try a scraper or get some gloves and use meratic acid. Ive always use the later, but it is acid and you have to be careful, but it does work. You can get it from Lowe's or homedepot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete/Brick Patio [ 1 Answers ]

We're laying brick next to a 10x10 concrete slab. Is there some sort of paint/stain that can be put onto the concrete to make it look closer in color to the brick? Is it possible to create patterns?

Mortar in brick foundation [ 3 Answers ]

There are several bricks in my foundation where the mortar has turned to powder and washed away. Is a professional required to fix this, or is this a job I can tackle myself? Thank you.

Brick mortar [ 3 Answers ]

Had brick work done. Could not be there at the time. The mortar used is darker than the rest of the mortar on the house, which is white Question is, how can I lighten the darker mortar. Thanks Bill

Cleaning brick patio/walkway [ 3 Answers ]

I have a large brick walkway that, during the winter, gets real slimy and slippery. Rather than have it steam cleaned every year, is there something, such as washing detergent or the like, that I could apply to the bricks and scrub them clean with a stiff broom? I live in Portland, Oregon, where...

View more questions Search