Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Aug 19, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Is it good or bad for a lady who is already 24 years old but still likes dolls
    I am 24 years old,but still like dolls very much!most people always laugh at me for that!
    I feel a little upset!Is it a problem for a lady who is already 24 years old but still love dolls?
    I feel happy when I see my cute dolls,when I sleep with my cute dolls.As loog as I see new dolls which are cute and lovely,I will buy them immediately without hesitation!But it seems that is not good for an adult!:confused:
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Lots of adults have doll collections. My friends mother collects dolls and keeps them in glass cases all throughout the house. If you like them and they make you happy I see nothing wrong it. I also know that lots of my girlfriends still sleep with stuffed animals or dolls from when they were little girls and they're older then you.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 12:53 AM
    Everyone needs a hobby! :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 12:57 AM
    There is a child part to each of us. If we didn't have it, life would not be as enriching as it could be. Think about the things that people collect? What about the grown men who still get a kick out of playing with model trains?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 21, 2007, 01:08 PM
    I bet each of those people making fun of you has something they love!

There is nothing wrong with loving dolls. You're passionate and enjoy them, so enjoy and don't let other people bother you. :)

Aug 23, 2007, 05:51 PM
    I like to sleep with my dolls, I feel happy when I play with them and stay with them.
    juan_p__m Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 07:00 PM
    :) I am 26 years old, and still collect Hot Wheels and Matchboxes, I do not play with them, or display them (have over 500) As long as your life does not revolve around the dolls, is a good thing.
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2007, 09:37 PM
    The following is a quote from my first answer to you.

There is a child part to each of us. If we didn't have it, life would not be as enriching as it could be. Think about the things that people collect? What about the grown men who still get a kick out of playing with model trains?
    I have a friend who is a minister who just loves to collect for and play with his model train sets. He is married, has grown children and is also the minister at a local church.

In addition, I would like to add that, I am 50. I have quite a collection of books that are geared towards children. But, I like to collect those that are excellent quality in materials of which they are made and also the content of them. When it is really cold in the Winter and maybe snowing really hard outside, sometimes I will sit on the floor in front of a heat register and read a good children's book. I know that I am not the only one who does this sort of things as an adult. I taught in the same school with a reading teacher who also loved to read children's books on her own.

Also, even though one of the things that I do for a living, is that I am a professional musician by trade, I still like to play kid's songs and improvise on them. Some melodies to children's songs or just instrumental music written for children contain some of the best melodies in the world. Some of the greatest composers wrote pieces based upon the melodies of children's songs.

I would think that there should be no problems in having things or doing things that children might do, as long as we don't have some sort of fixation on those things or they keep us from acting like an adult or from our responsibilities that we have as adults. Some people look for others in a relationship who have some childlike qualities.
    Captian Crunch Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmine_rezzag
    I am 24 years old,but still like dolls very much!most people always laugh at me for that!
    I feel a little upset!Is it a problem for a lady who is already 24 years old but still love dolls?
    I feel happy when I see my cute dolls,when I sleep with my cute dolls.As loog as I see new dolls which are cute and lovely,I will buy them immediately without hesitation!But it seems that is not good for an adult!:confused:
    If it makes you happy got for it :D
    Who cares what other people say
    As long as it makes you happy

Oct 31, 2007, 12:16 AM
    But I never met someone who also look for others in a relationship who have some childlike quality!
    I go to doll shop as long as I go out for shopping!my friends feel tired to do shopping with me!I am crazy for garfield and doraemon,but in china,very difficult to find garfield with good quality,but easy to find a good doraemon.I look for doraemon first once I go outside.all people said I was crazy!and I talk about doraemon day by day...
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2007, 01:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmine_rezzag
    but i never met someone who also look for others in a relationship who have some childlike quality!
    You have just met one now!

Oct 31, 2007, 09:58 PM
    I see!
    prudypompomhead Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Hi there,I an just like you but I'm 40,I adore my dolls and have to buy them to, when I see dolls that I just cannot resist I'm like a child, I must have them,there is nothing wrong and I too have people and family think it odd but I don't care it's the child in us and I will carry on collecting dolls for ever,take care and enjoy your dolls.
    melissa1978 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Nov 4, 2008, 09:35 AM

Um, I think it's okay that you collect dolls, but sleeping with them? To be honest, that does seem a little weird to me, but hey, who the hell am I to judge?
    princessmayen Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2008, 01:30 AM

Keep the innocence.. its good to have some memoirs of childhood intact.. doll-collection is not that bad..
    GD_Fan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 08:13 PM
    Comment on jasmine_rezzag's post
    You like Doraemon too?? 8D I like him too, but I like The Doraemons better for some reason(I also like the yellow Doraemon, or the original Doraemon, better)! XP And I don't have a lot of Doraemon merch! T_T Just books and toys!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Good vs Bad [ 31 Answers ]

Here is a good one. How do u difrence between good and bad. If a bad action can bring something good what kind of action is it? I have heard a lot of sentences like, why God permits bad things to happen, well maybe they are not bad as we think they are. Maybe it is possible that there is no good...

Rims and Tires - Are they still good after sitting for 3-years [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter totaled her 2001 Tiburon - rolled it... luckily nobody hurt. Anyway, she had real nice Motegi rims and new Potenza tires. They have been sitting in my garage for almost 3-years. Are they still good?? One of the rims had weeds between the tire and rim, and the rim has some...

Good or bad [ 1 Answers ]

Stock price maximization good or bad for sociaty

Bad or good ! [ 20 Answers ]

Dear exerts , How can you tell whether your spirituality is in the right direction or wrong?? Regards Navid

Good or bad? [ 19 Answers ]

So there is this guy at work who I get on with really well. We are always telling each other jokes and having a laugh. However, he has recently startd being overly nice. Everyday I come into work, he will shout hello and then follow with "you look very nice today" - it's really nice and made...

View more questions Search