Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcasil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Is there a way to track my ow cookies?
    I have a business and I know someone is deleting the history. I know you can't view a deleted history but is there a way to track your own computers history to view where the computer has been recently? Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Yes. There are ways, more than one. I don't know what operating system you are using. It would help if you would tell us what operating system you are using.

I do know that on my machine, which is running in Windows XP Professional Edition, that you can go to the search function on the start menu and type in cookies. Folders with cookies in them will appear. The dates by the cookies will give you an idea as to when someone accessed a certain site.

There are also other ways to find out, but it would help to know what your operating system is.

I am curious as to why this is a concern for you? If you would tell us a bit about why it is a concern, we may be able to help you further.

If you think that someone may be downloading something that they shouldn't, then that opens up the possibilities to find things in other ways, if indeed someone has been downloading things that they shouldn't have been.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cricket cookies [ 21 Answers ]

I have decided to start eating bugs. Here is a great recipe for cricket cookies. Try it... you will like it! Have a tooth pick handy as their hind legs do get stuck in your teeth. I am looking for recipies using worms. If anyone has any please let me know. I am looking for the recipe that uses deep...

Cutting Track Lighting track [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know why Hampton Bay track states that you cannot cut the track? Every other brand allows track to be cut to the needed length and Hampton Bay is worthless to me if I can't cut it.

Tracking cookies [ 1 Answers ]

When I run adaware se,it always shows three tracking cookies,but it also shows in excess of 30 to 35 times for spywarenukerXT,I checked on Google for this but it was to deep for me,so asking for help explaining what spywarenukerXT is, & how to get rid of it once & for all! Also explain how I am...

Cookies [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a page where I can find out who owns the cookies that keep appearing when I do scan?? Toydajo

No password cookies? [ 8 Answers ]

For the last couple of days, I have been unable to save any password cookies. For example, every time I come to this site, I am asked to sign in, even though when I do sign in I have the "remember me" box checked off. I'm having similar problems on other sites that usually remember my...

View more questions Search