Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheetah25 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 03:09 PM
    Goodman heat pump (humming)
    My ac/heat pump won't put out cold air. The fan blades on top of the unit turns and runs fine, but the compressor won't kick on. It hums for about 5 seconds every 5 minutes or so. Could my thermostat be to blame or some kind of relay?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 19, 2007, 09:08 PM
    More than likely the compressor capacitor is defective or the start components are bad. Worst case is the compressor is defective. Thermostat not the problem.
    cheetah25 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2007, 08:58 AM
    I changed the dual capacitor, but not the start assist that comes off it still just humming from compressor but the fan works fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condenser Fan Motor Wiring for Goodman AC Heat Pump 3 Ton [ 5 Answers ]

Condenser Fan Motor Wiring for Goodman 3 Ton -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello Everyone, I have a GOODMAN A/C Heat Pump Model# CPLE 36-1 installed 3 years ago. Last week I turned the unit on, the compressor hums (not run)about 3-5...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

My Brand New Goodman 3tn Heat Pump only pushes freon for 5 seconds and stops. Why ? [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a brand new 3 ton goodman Heat Pump system... when the ac turns on , I can here the reverse valve open and the compressor kick on , and here is the question.. The 7/8" copper freon line gets ice cold as it should but only for about 10 seconds and then it goes back to a normal but...

Goodman electric heat pump valves. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently bought a house with a 2004 goodman heat pump. During a recent cold spell I learned the referidgerant ran out so I had it filled. Within 24 hours the system was blowing cold air. Another repair guy came out and told me the valve inside the heat pump was broken and could not be...

View more questions Search