Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mountain_man Posts: 269, Reputation: 45

Aug 17, 2007, 10:04 AM
    All religions have the same universal truths?
    Is this accurate? Or even possible?

Any comments?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 10:07 AM
    I know that many of them have "the Golden Rule" as one of their truths.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    I know that many of them have "the Golden Rule" as one of their truths.
    Absolutely correct.

A lot of them are here (great reading):
    Versions of the Golden Rule in 21 world religions
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 10:19 AM
    All religions have the same universal truths?
    I think they all strike the same chord in humans, that of making the choice to be a good human, as opposed to a bad one. Language and semantics makes it hard to get together on some things, but I think you have to be willing to see and listen to other perspectives and respect others for that perspective, no matter how hard it is for you to do so. You made your choice so how can you NOT let another make theirs. That's one universal truth to me, and another is we find ourselves as humans, on the same ball of dust. What we do about that is OUR collective choice. Do we overcome our difference and make it better, or drown in our own shat??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 10:33 AM
    All religions in some way answer the questions, "Who am I?" and "Why am I here?" and "Where will I go after this life?"
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 10:56 AM
    I believe this is so because the origin of religion was one to begin with and people have divided according to their own views on the original teachings.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 03:41 PM
    That is part of the problem, as every religion has a dozen off shoots, and when they disagree, they just move down the street in another church under another name. No wonder people are confused, and disenchanted.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 08:59 PM
    For us muslims we know that Jews divided amongst themselves as did Christians, and muslims also will divide into around 73 or so divisions.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Aug 23, 2007, 01:17 PM
    I think each religion [ I'm referring to the big 3 ] has a code of right and wrong,

But they vary as to how righteousness and redemption is achieved.

Works or belief?

Grace and Peace
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 06:00 PM
    "Universal truths"?? A universal truth is the Law of Gravity.

Religion is belief and opinion.

There are many similiarities among religions from the belief in the power of blood sacrifice to the belief that we must love our neighbors.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monotheistic Religions [ 23 Answers ]

What can I do to compare and contrast the theological foundations and spiritual practices of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam?

Why do most, if not all, religions think they are right? [ 27 Answers ]

Believe in Jesus and you will be saved... what about all the people with the other beliefs? They can't go to Heaven? What if there were cultures in this world that never got the message about Jesus or Mohammed, etc. Why do most people in these faiths want to try and convince you that they are...

We are 2 different Religions! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Leesand, I am a sophomore at college. I have known my boyfriend for a while, and we became really good friends when he was a senior in high school, and I a freshmen in college. Well we started dating in October, so its been 7 months. We both love each other but there is one...

Universal Honeywell thermostat not so universal [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Honeywell programmable 7400 "universal" thermostat. My current system does not match the wiring colors on the 7400. Current system is a trolatemp by honeywell. The terminal colors are: WROBGY This is an oil forced air heat and AC system with 2 zones. The...

Firearms: Views, Truths and Taboos [ 35 Answers ]

What is your view on owning a type of weapon, used solely for the purpose of defending your property, home, collecting, etc *Keep in mind that I emphasize safety first, meaning that proper handling, knowledge, safety, stowing and security of said weapon is an primary MUST.* Personally, yes. I...

View more questions Search