Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nhedley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Part day with Salary
    Hi everyone,

I have been working for a small company for a year and a half. I always work more than my set amount of hours. I had to leave at 12:00 on a Friday and they paid me for 3 hours of work rather than a half day. So I suppose my question is, if my position is salary, can they take pay out based on hours? They also do not pay me overtime and say anything I work extra is my choice and just extra. Help!! Thanks :cool:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 11:10 PM
    If you are truly on salary, no they can not deduct the time.

What is the policy on personal, sick and vacation time.

If you are working overtime and not getting paid, and they are not telling you to work it, I would stop it.
    nhedley Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Thank you very much. After this past year, I now have 5 vacation or sick days. I did not want to use one for my part day as I though salary was calculated by half or full days.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 18, 2007, 07:06 AM
    No, if you work a partial day, the company can pay you for the actual amount of time you work. It depends on their policy. If you started at 9 then 3 hours is accurate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

Salary [ 4 Answers ]

How do you calculate salary? If a job offers you a hourly salary and then says your yearly salary is this amount, how come they don't average out. For example if the hourly rate is 14.00 an hour, what would the yearly salary be?

Could I be pregnant if I miss a day, the day after ovulation? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on birth control for 7 months and I take my pill everyday at 7:00 almost every day. I accidentally skipped one of my days. But the day that I skipped, stupidly I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend that day. It was around the time of my ovulation time but the day I supposidly...

Salary [ 2 Answers ]

Is it true that Salary pay has to be at least double minimum wage?

Power goes out in part of house w/out tripping breaker Part 2 [ 2 Answers ]

How would I use a voltage tester? Would I go from outlet to outlet measuring the voltage? I've gone around the house and tightened outlets and opened the panel and tightened the screws that were not tight. I haven't seen the lights dim since I tightened everything. Thanks a lot! Gbrown

View more questions Search