Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:01 AM
    US Navy Deployments
    I don't know if this question is in the right place, but is there any way I can find out what Navy ships and squadrons are on deployment now, or just got back from being deployed?

Any help would be appreciated. :)
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:06 AM
    That is generally not released to the general public, for safety of those deployed.

Are you looking for information on a particular command?
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:23 AM
    Not any one in particular, just ones that aren't going on deployment any time soon.

I know I told you about my husband's medboard, well it finally came back and he was found fit for full duty, so he has no choice but to re-enlist. He's trying to get in a squadron because he still doesn't feel he can be aboard a ship, so I'm trying to find squadrons that aren't going out anytime soon. He has been on LIMDU so he still has a year of sea duty left, then three or four years of shore duty. (I'm not sure if its three or four, he just made third class).

So while he's on that one year left of sea duty he wants to go out on a ship as little as possible.

I think its messed up they screwed up his knee, then made him fit for duty.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:38 AM
    Our local newspaper lists the ships coming and going on the days they actually arrive. If you see one coming in off a 6 monther, you know it isn't going anywhere soon.

I think it is a no-no to publicize it before it happens. I remember my hubby wasn't allowed to say the date over the ship to shore line.

There are some shore billets that count as sea, but very hard to get.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Well we're looking into Lemoore (thats where I'm from) but the orders are so hard to get now that the Kennedy decommissioned, all the sailors from there took a LOT of the open orders.

That's what I was thinking though, if I can find one that just got back from deployment then I know he probably won't have to go back out within his last year of sea duty.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:52 AM
    Does your paper have an online outlet? Maybe search for incoming ACCs. Is he limited only to squadrons, or is that his preference?
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 07:56 AM
    Well he is not sure if he can handle shipboard duty. His main thing with ships is going up and down the ladderwells all day. Its really bad on his knee. Plus if he re-enlists he has to cross rate because he can no longer pick up heavy bombs. So since he hasn't been tested as to whether he can handle shipboard duty, I would say a squadron is his preference as of right now.

And I'll check into the online paper outlet. Thanks for that little tip. :)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Most of the deployments are available to the public.
    An excellent place to look is at global security .org.

Where are the Carriers?

Which ship in particular are you looking for ? Many have their own web site.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Most of the deployments are available to the public.
    An excellent place to look is at global security .org.

Where are the Carriers?

Which ship in particular are you looking for ? Many have their own web site.
    Oh my gosh thank you for that website! You are so resourceful!

I'm not really looking for a ship in particular, I am looking for the squadrons attatched to each ship. As long as he is in a squadron that just got back from deployment his chances of going on a ship again are kind of slim.

He's not trying to get out of deployment, he actually enjoyed going overseas in 2004, but he is injured and is worried he wouldn't be able to handle it on a ship.

Thanks again for the website! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Navy men's sports coat w/what color pants? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who seems to always wear the wrong color sports coat with the wrong color pants. What is the general rule of thumb?

Could it be the navy? [ 11 Answers ]

I'm am stuck in a normal job living a normal life at the mo and I want out, does anybody think the navy would be a choice to try and kick my life in2 action..? :confused:

Evil old navy... [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows the name of the song in the new old navy commercial "spring loves stripes". A woman sings it and the chorus goes " daddio, daddio" a few times... Its stuck in my head for hours after I see the commercial so I figure it would make sense for me to at least know...

80's-90's Navy Movie [ 1 Answers ]

I believe it is about the Navy Seals, but I am not sure. I can't remember anything, A women with long blonde hair lives in a beach house, has an officer husband who is not there and she has an affair with a younger navy guy who I think is a navy seal recruit. They have played it on the USA Network...

Old military navy movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, for years I have been trying to find a movie I saw as a child that meant a lot to me, I have watched many movies trying to find it and never seem to.. I probably watched it in late 70's or early 80. And then it was probably 20-30 years old... it was about a navy ship with a sorry captain and...

View more questions Search