Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ponytailbob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Cursor trouble
    I have a mouse (Logitech Trackman Marble FX) that frequently becomes either frozen, or moves on its own accord- often drifting into a corner and stays there. Re-booting sometimes helps. Any idea what the cause/fix might be?
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Aug 16, 2007, 08:00 AM
    It could be a problem with the sensors in the mouse. Or you may just need to either reinstall the drivers, or update. Unusual mouse movement can also be associated with viruses. I would first run a virus scan. There are many, you can go to Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com and search for "virus scan" and you will receive quite a few hits. Spyware doctor and Ad-aware are two excellent programs to use.

If the virus scan comes back negative, uninstall/reinstall the mouse software. If this doesn't work, then find updated drivers. You should be able to find them on logitech's site. www.logitech.com

If the mouse continues to act up after all this, you may need to purchase a new one.

Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laptop mouse won't move cursor on screen [ 5 Answers ]

Using a Toshiba laptop only 1 year old. Turned it back on today and I cannot get the built in mouse to move the cursor on the screen. I can navigate using tab and made it to the Control Panel then Mouse. It did not display anything as far as any mouse driver being installed. How can I get this...

Computer Cursor [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to lock and unlock a arrow cursor? I like to spin gambling wheels. I have a extension Cable on my cursor cable so I can sit on my couch and spin the wheels.

Laptop mousepad/cursor [ 1 Answers ]

My cursor seems to be frozen on my laptop. However, I have attached external mouse and it works. Is there a function key or setting to get my mousepad to work again?

Blink cursor [ 5 Answers ]

At boot up I get a blinking cursor on the top left on the monitor, I try to press f8 but can't get in to it, I can get into setup. Can someone help? Thanks Passaic33

View more questions Search