Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elroyo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2005, 04:58 PM
    Stripes
    I have a relatively new lawnmower I use at my mothers, so I don't know what type, but curious as to why all of sudden now I am getting stripes of uncut lawn where ever we cut now. It's a monster HP machine, for me that is, self propel, and mulching. It looks like yard markers on a football field. I cut in the early morning say 8AM but it is still doing it in the afternoons also. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks

Roy
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2005, 06:22 PM
    Pushmower? Well if it has wheel adjusters, make sure all of them are on the right setting, then look for a possible slight bent blade, uneven wheels, even though they are set right... any heavy vibrations? What name brand mower? Also make sure the blade is balanced, straight and sharp! A dull blade will also produce a relatively crappy cut.
    elroyo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2005, 07:45 PM
    Thanks
    You said, make sure the wheel adjusters are set properly. Could you please elaberate further. This may be my problem. Thanks.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2005, 08:32 PM
    Some use bolt holes, others have a selector, if you have the selector, make sure they all are at the same notch all around, like the back wheels be one notch up, and the fronts one notch up. If the backs have one notch lower then the other, it'll cut bad... same as if it was in the front... but do also make sure the blade is sharp, a dull blade will leave uncut portions, unless it leaves a real good streak, then it may be the wheels

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search