Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jack v Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Wiring thermostat to wood burning stove
    I have a wood burning stove in my pole barn. I have add a blower to it and want to control the blower to turn on & off by way of a thermostat. Could anyone help me with this?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 09:54 AM
    If you added what is called a fan center (relay and transformer) in the electrical circuit to your blower, then you could add a standard 24 volt thermostat .
    Another way to accomplish this is to install a line voltage thermostat (120 volt) in the electrical circuit to the blower.
    Not knowing how you want it to work I will offer another option, you could install a temperature operated fan switch in the stove, this would bring on the fan when the stove reaches a predetermined temperature and shut it off as temperature falls. Good luck, Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood burning stove blower thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a new blower fan for my buck wood burning stove insert and the thermostat that used to have 3 speeds high, med & low now only works on high. I figure I hooked the wires up wrong when I got the new blower fan. Any suggestions on the wiring? Eric

Wood stove is smokey [ 5 Answers ]

O.K. now is the time of year I need to take care of this. We moved into our house in Dec. of 2005, and for the past two winter I've had trouble with a downdraft in the small wood stove in the basement. Typically here is what happens after I got the paper and wood set up for a fire. I'll take a...

Removing a wood burning stove [ 1 Answers ]

Help! When we brought this townhome it came w/a wood burning stove in the fireplace. It is ugly to us and we would like to remove it. Can we just leave the "hole" and still burn wood?

Outdoor Wood Furnace Second Thermostat Wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed an Outdoor Wood Furnace and need help with wiring the thermostat. My indoor furnace is a Trane Gas Furnaceand A/C. I am trying to wire a second thermostat to the blower on the gas furnace so I can just run the blower. The Trane thermostat wires are W,R, Y, and G. I installed a...

View more questions Search