Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 13, 2007, 02:26 PM
    What's the best part about being a member at AMHD?
    Even though there are times when we don't hear back from posters, I believe we've helped them and that's why they don't show up again.:rolleyes:

It's like I told a boss, years ago: Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit... you get that nice warm feeling but nobody notices.:eek:
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Even though there are times when we don't hear back from posters, I beleive we've helped them and that's why they don't show up again.:rolleyes:

It's like I told a boss, years ago: Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit...you get that nice warm feeling but nobody notices.:eek:
    Great thread you have started,
    Aye aye captain!!

:D Yes the warm feeling is what we work for... :eek:

But I do believe a bit of constructive criticism from the senior members will help me more...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Well, you are seldom at a loss for something to do. Seriously, even though it is very frustrating at times, I know sharing what I know with their owners has made life better for many dogs. Earlier I helped in several other areas. As we added people that knew more than me in those areas, I have done less and less. I certainly have more to do than get in the way of those that know more than me in those areas.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Honestly... it has to be the people there are some pretty amazing members here :D
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 03:00 PM
    The best part of being a member is that I have "met" some incredible people on here. Have learned one than one thing also in the process.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 13, 2007, 03:01 PM
    Help you more than what? I've watched some of your posts, and I think you're doing fine. We can frequently be our own worst critics.
    (edit) to firmbeliever
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Well, the members here make it worth it more than anything else.

But really... I like helping people. If I could help ONE person, it makes it worth the frustrations.

Helping others is its own reward.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 13, 2007, 03:09 PM
    We are blessed with a great variety of brilliant minds.

And I truly believe we're taking time from our own lives to help others. I've never been to any other help site and, frankly, I don't think I ever will.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 03:12 PM
    I know this is pretty much a repeat, but I agree about the people here. There are some wonderful people here and I feel priviledged to know them (well, know them online of course :p)

It also makes me feel go to know that I possibly helped someone. :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 13, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Maybe its being called a bully and some of the other (worse) things I've been called here, and the chance to show such people up. <EG>
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Aye captainRich,
    We could be our worst critic
    And I do not know of any other Help site
    I linked,I read, I am here to stay...

Thank you all members for welcoming me to this great family of helpers!!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 04:56 PM
    I feel thankful to have met some of the members here and honored to be accepted as their friend...
    The feeling I get from helping one person out does anything in the world for me. Bringing people together or just helping them with a small problem is a sure good feeling.
    Not to mention all the fun we have chatting about.
    Oh I love this place!
    Thank you, ALL of you!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Maybe its being called a bully and some of the other (worse) things I've been called here, and the chance to show such people up. <EG>
    Yeah, same here. Is there anybody that doesn't admire the finesse Tom displays handling bad answers in plumbing?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 06:20 PM
    We learn from everybody!:)
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 13, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    Yeah, same here. Is there anybody that doesn't admire the finesse Tom displays handling bad answers in plumbing?
    He... flushes 'em?? :D

Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 13, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    We learn from everybody!:)
    Absolutely. Sharing what we know actually reinforces our own understanding of the subject.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 08:31 PM
    I like the fact that this site and the wonderful friends I have made here helped me so much in a time when no one seemed able to help. And now I like to think that I'm putting back in what I took from the site by helping people where I can.

But if the people here weren't so good I wouldn't bother.
    worthbeads Posts: 538, Reputation: 45

Aug 13, 2007, 09:07 PM
    I know it sounds bad, but I like arguing with people. I always like a challenge! :D
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by worthbeads
    I know it sounds bad, but I like arguing with people. I always like a challenge! :D
    Arguments are good in a way, those like me who read threads find it interesting to see both sides of a story...
    Sometimes a good argument where each one is giving well informed answers are the best threads!! :D

That's why I seem to be at the PC any free minute I get!!
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 14, 2007, 04:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Arguements are good in a way, those like me who read threads find it interesting to see both sides of a story...
    sometimes a good arguement where each one is giving well informed answers are the best threads!!!!:D

Thats why I seem to be at the PC any free minute I get!!!
    It is enjoyable to see the diversity of opinions showing up here.

No matter the thread, we've got life experiences from around the world. And everybody has an opportunity to comment. I think it's more open at the Desk than if we were all milling around the same room having cocktails or something.:cool:

But I'd like for Scott and the Admin's to arrange a cookout for us! :D We could check out Rick's new patio! :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

We get some funny ones here at AMHD! [ 1 Answers ]

Im sorry. Not sure if I should have done this but I laughed too hard not to share!! https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens-health/cleanliness-vagina-95006.html

An Idea I have Thanks to AMHD [ 6 Answers ]

So in reading all of the posts here on the dog forum I got to thinking. Many of the posts here are from dachshund owners and some owners that don't seem over joyed with their new pet. I started to worry about where these pets go if they do not mix in well with their new home. I got online and...

Power goes out in part of house w/out tripping breaker Part 2 [ 2 Answers ]

How would I use a voltage tester? Would I go from outlet to outlet measuring the voltage? I've gone around the house and tightened outlets and opened the panel and tightened the screws that were not tight. I haven't seen the lights dim since I tightened everything. Thanks a lot! Gbrown

View more questions Search