Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OOTY0712 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 05:29 AM
    House AC fan (outside) stop working
    My Upstare AC suddenly stops working (08122007). The fan inside runs continuously, but the outdoor unit (compressor/fan) stops running. I tried switching on/off the circuit breaker, changing the air filter, yet nothing works. My unit is York (model# E1RA030S06D).

Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 06:50 AM
    The outside unit has fan and compressor, if both inoperative, I would check for 24 volts AC
    To Contactor(relay) in outside unit. If it has voltage and not contacting, need to be replaced. Or the contacts are burned or not making contact. 2 pole 24 volt coil, 30 amp rated, cost $20-$30.
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 08:59 AM
    I agree with Stratmando, and one other thing you might check is the fuses in the disconnect switch, which is located near the outdoor unit on the wall. Good luck. Mike

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Ceiling Fan working, Fan light not, Harbor Breeze [ 7 Answers ]

I recently tried to help a friend install a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ a light kit (this model 52" White Ceiling Fan ENERGY STARŪ) The fan has 4 wires: green, white, black, and blue. The house has 3 wires: green, white, and black. Per the instructions we hooked up the green to green,...

Installed Ceiling Fan: Fan Works/Lights Quit Working [ 3 Answers ]

I successfully installed a Hampton ceiling fan about three maybe four years ago and it has worked just fine up until about 4 months ago when the lights would start going off and then sometimes come back on intermittently. Suspecting a loose connection, I removed the light housing and found that...

Phone jack stop working [ 4 Answers ]

Anyone have any idea why a phone jack would stop working? For a couple of days, there was a lot of static on the line but it worked. To remedy that problem, I tried unplugging and replugging the phone a number of times. Then I got no dial tone at all. I tested the phone at another phone jack in the...

Recessed light suddenly stop working... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. My daughter's room has 6 recessed lights that are controlled by a dimmer switch. Today, I went to turn them on (they have worked fine up until today), we recently had new doors installed and I was spackling, and when I tried to turn the lights on, the dimmer switch wouldn't turn the light's on...

View more questions Search