Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amazingashley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2007, 05:22 AM
    I need to lose 60pounds by January 2008!
    How can lose this weight? I am so fat and I am only 5 foot tall and I weigh 205 pounds, people talk about me and I need help fast!:confused: :o :mad:
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 06:12 AM
    Well you need to have a modified eating program. Have you considered doing something like Weight Watchers? It will teach you how to eat properly and have to learn portion control. Its mostly about eating lots of fruits, veggies, lean proteins. If you don't want to do that I would recommend going to a nutritionist. It will help to learn how to eat better and how to eat the best you can every day.

You will also need to start exercising daily for at least 30 minutes. In order to lose weight you will need to do cardio exercise then move up to strength training. Start easy with a 30 minute walk around your neighborhood. As it gets more comfortable increase your walking speed and eventually increase your time. Every 6 weeks be sure to mix up your workout so that you always get the maximum benefit. As you feel better try other types of exercises try a dance class, running, pilates, biking. Have fun with it!

Remember that it takes time. It took time to put the weight on so it will take time to take it off. You won't lose 40 pounds in 2 months of anything like that. Do not be hard on yourself and just keep plugging through. You can do it! Best of luck to you.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2007, 06:24 AM
    The weight did not get there overnight and it won't go away overnight as well. Follow what glinda says to do.
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Aug 13, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Weight watchers is amazing! My aunt lost about 45 pounds in about 5 months on weight watchers and she looks great! I highly highly recommend it! She said she only lost like .5 pouns a week and it goes really really slow, but if you stick with it, it WILL work! Keep us posted too, I'd love to hear about your progress! Good luck :)
    rima2big Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amazingashley
    How can lose this weight? I am so fat and i am only 5 foot tall and i weigh 205 pounds, people talk about me and i need help fast!:confused: :o :mad:
    Why do people talk about you, more than 65% of amrican are overwieght or obese, and it's the same in australia, than england follows after that, don't worry what people say, lose your wieght slow and be healthy, people say a lot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to lose 50 pounds by January 1, 2008 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm new to the site. My name is Aaron. I'm 14 years old and weight about 180. I need to get to about 130 or 135. I'd like to do it by Jaunary 1, 2008 about 5 months from now. I know diet amd exercize are the only solutions, but I need actual tips, such as what meals make me lose the most weight?...

Who is exempt from H1-B 2008 cap? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I need to know, since I didn't make it for the apr 3, 2007 filing date for the H1-B visas, but was offered a full time position as a math teacher at a NY private high school, would that profession qualify as one in the "exempt from the cap" category? I have not received my masters at this time...

Off topic. No problem! Today January 22, 2007 [ 13 Answers ]

I'm not sure if this is even the right place for this but I heard on the radio that today was "the most depressing day of the year." Not sure who determines that but that's what I heard. Anyway, I'm bringing this up because I've been in and out of here all day and it appears that many people...

Sedona, Flagstaff, Grand Canyon in January? [ 0 Answers ]

I'll be in Sedona for a week in January with teens and husband. What's closed and what's open within a day's drive in Arizona at that time of year? For example, can we drive to the Grand Canyon and back in one day? Is the Jerome ghost town open during winter?

View more questions Search