Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leslie Huskins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Changed bulb, now remote won't turn it off
    Just moved into a home w/ Hampton Bay fan w/ light. Have a remote control, no pull chains. Replaced the bulbs last week, now the remote won't turn the light on and off as it did before the bulb blew. The LED lights up and remote works on the fan as it should.
    Any tips?
    I wrote down HB contact info but hoped a reader here could bypass and give me the magic answer.
    Thanks.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2007, 07:19 AM
    I would try turning breaker off for a minute. If that doesn't help. Either Receiver in fan defective, or light button on remote not making contact.
    Receiver more likely.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 07:19 PM
    It is not common for the receiver to short out when a bulb blows. Chances are the receiver will need to be replaced.

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan Remote Control doesn't work after I changed the batteries [ 4 Answers ]

I just changed the batteries in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan. Now the fan is running and won't respond to the remote control. The remote seems to be working properly. What do I need to do to get the fan and the remote to sync up once again?

Hudson Bay Remote Won't turn off Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed a 52" Hudson Bay Ceiling Fan But the remote will turn off and on the lights but not the ceiling fan,why?

Hampton Bay Remote Fan Won't Turn Off [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased 5 Hampton Bay White Redington III Ceiling Fans with Remote Control & Light Kit (Model B52852WH) over 6 years ago. The fans do not have pull chains or wall switches - they can only be operated using the remote control. 2 of the fans are installed in one large bedroom with both remote...

Hampton Bay remote doesn't turn on light [ 8 Answers ]

I am in need of assistance, if possible. I recently bought a Hampton Bay Windward II ceiling fan from Home Depot. I installed the fan according to the instructions. With the wall switch turned "on", the fan light comes on and the fan begins spinning; however, the remote will operate the fan and all...

Air won't turn on now-changed thermo [ 3 Answers ]

I changed the thermostat from an old Honeywell to a programmable Honeywell 5-2. I have central air & heating is an electric water heater. I programmed it and thought all was well. I came in today and it was 86 degrees. The fan is working but not the air. I set air at 72 and the screen says cool...

View more questions Search