Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Timothy Gilmore Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 12:29 PM
    Sanskrit quote
    What does, "Om tare tuttare ture soha", an affirmation of the Green Tara, mean?
    VSPrasad Posts: 108, Reputation: 10

Oct 6, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Tara, whose name means star, embodies the sacred feminine energy found in all of us. Viewed like a brilliant light shining in the darkness, Tara is the female compliment of Chenresig, the Buddha of Love and compassion. Tara is the all-encompassing, nurturing mother figure.

Green Tara is often depicted with one leg out of the lotus position, extended down for a quick and decisive response when needed. Green Tara acts swiftly - like a lioness protecting her cubs.
    They say in Tibet, that if you learn just one thing in Tibetan, it should be how to get her attention quickly by calling out...

http://www.sukhi.com/tara.htm

OM stands for the goal and TARE TUTTURE TURE the path.

TUTTURE : dispelling all fears. "Fears" is the translation of the Tibetan word used here – the main fear dispelled is that of the delusions.

TURE: she who grants all success.

SOHA. Each word of the mantra – from OM to SOHA – performs the functions explained above; each brings incredible benefit.

http://www.medicinebuddha.org/tara.htm

The final word SOHA means establishing the root of the path within your heart. In other words, by taking refuge in Tara and doing Tara practice, you receive the blessings of Tara in your own heart. This gives you space to establish the root of the path, signified by TARE TUTTARE TURE, in your heart. By establishing the path of the three capable beings within your heart, you purify all impurities of your body, speech and mind, and achieve Tara's pure vajra holy body, holy speech and holy mind, which are signified by OM. Your body, speech and mind are transformed into Tara's holy body, holy speech and holy mind. This is the rough meaning of OM TARE TUTTARE TURE SOHA.

Tara is in the nature of green light, with one face and two arms. Her face is very peaceful, with a slight smile. Her hair is very dark, half tied up and half loose, and decorated with an utpala flower at the crown. Tara is adorned with jewel ornaments of necklace, bracelets, armlets, anklets, and so on. Her eyes, very loving and compassionate, are not opened widely but are fine and a little rounded. Tara's eyes express compassion for you, like the look of loving kindness a mother gives her beloved only child. Tara's right hand, holding the stem of an utpala flower, is in the mudra of granting sublime realizations. Her left hand holds the stem of another utpala flower, with three fingers standing upright to signify refuge in Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.

http://www.fpmt.org/teachings/lzr/tara.asp
    Timothy Gilmore Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 10:42 AM
    Dear Mr. VPRASAD,
    Thank you so very much for the answer to my question. I hope I'm not taking too much liberty if I sign myself,
    Very truly yours,
    Sudrananda

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sanskrit for lotus [ 2 Answers ]

What is the correct sanskrit symbol for lotus? Is this it? JESSICA ALBA TATTOO PHOTOS PICS Thank you!

English to Sanskrit translation [ 13 Answers ]

Hi- I am wondering if anyone knows the translation into Sanskrit characters for the phrase "Sarvam tam paradat yah anyatra atmanah sarvam veda" (that which you are will come to you, that which you are not will run from you) which comes from the Brahma Sutras. Thanks.

I am trying to translate Sanskrit into English [ 2 Answers ]

Satya baat tum sun lo mhari, tigree laag rahi hai thari

Sanskrit or Arabic symbol [ 1 Answers ]

Could anyone help with a symbolic or literal translation for "Kathy, My Love." with Arabic or Sanskrit alphabet/written symbols?

Translation of sanskrit mantra [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Can anyone translate this mantra in english for me "loka samasya soukino bhawantu. Thanks Reen

View more questions Search