Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    musicgrl17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Evict a roommate
    Hi
    Recently my roommate currently decided not to pay rent rent or do any household duties. Her name is on the lease as a secondary tenant while I am the primary. The bills and the checks for rent are currently coming from my checking account. If I have the verification that I am the responsible party, would I be able to evict my roommate or give her a 30 day notice? What does California law say about that? Would it be beneficial for me to break the lease and move to another part of the apartment complex? What should I do?

Hoplessly needing an out
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Sue her in court for the money she owes on the rental.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I legally evict a roommate... as soon as possible? [ 4 Answers ]

I let my sister in law move in to my house in which I currently have a 12 month lease. She is not on the lease and I need to get rid of her. She is always late or short with the rent and I believe she is doing drugs. I want her out but I want to do it legally so she has no recourse other than to...

Tenant on lease wants 'evict' his roommate . [ 2 Answers ]

We have a tenant that has a roommate (his brother) that is supposed to pay rent too. I understand the tenant is responsible for paying the rent since he is the one on the lease however he wants his bro to move out because he is not paying his share. We want the person on the lease to stay but...

I need to evict my roommate [ 4 Answers ]

I own a 2 family house in Massachusetts and I live in the first floor unit with a new roommate. I didn't know him prior to him moving in. He moved in on April 1st and gave me the $500 rent money before I gave him the keys. Yesterday when I asked him for the rent money for May he told me that his...

How to evict a roommate with no lease and I'm the owner? [ 2 Answers ]

I need help. I let two of my girlfriends move into my house--neither one signed a lease or anything. I couldn't take all the people and partying all the time and asked them to leave after only 1 1/2 months. One of them is staying elsewhere but her stuff is still here, the other still comes and...

How do I evict my roommate? [ 1 Answers ]

My roommate is not on my lease. We have been living together for about 5 months and he had paid rent once and never has paid the utilities. I have been letting it go because he lost his job and I gave him time to find a new one. However he has not even been looking. I have tried to be nice because...

View more questions Search