Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stepmom28 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 09:17 AM
    16 yr old depressed wants to live with dad
    Dad is going to court in tx for 16 yr old daughter who signed a paper for court stating she wants to live with dad. Mom is going to fight it even using dad's mom as a referance to keep 16yr old. Child is physically depressed with anxiety pains for more than a year and just recently went to the doc. And doc suggested she see a psychologist, mom ignores that just like she ignored the fact that the child was cutting her arms on more than one occasion over the past 2 years. If dad takes a letter to court from doc stating she recommends a psycologist for the child in addition with a letter from the child signed at the lawyers office does he have a good chance on getting a temporary order asap? Cause mom is not going out without a fight she is vengful!
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 10, 2007, 09:43 AM
    The court will allow it if it is proved to demonstration to be in the best interest of the girl.I am not sure how the court system in Tx works but in Pa it has to be appointed GAL.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 10:11 AM
    I'm not 100% but I would think that if the mother was refusing to get a clinically depressed 16 year old treatment she could cited with negligence and be found to not be acting in the best interest of the child. As always with the courts the more back up you have the better.

I hope regardless of the outcome that the 16 year old gets help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wants to live with mom but dad says no [ 6 Answers ]

My dad has custody of me and I hate it. Me and my dad do not get along at all we fuss and fight every single day. I want to go and live with my mom but every time I bring it up he always gets mad and starts bad mouthing my mom. I ask to please let me go and live with my mom and he says well to bad...

My son wants to live with his dad? [ 16 Answers ]

my son is 14 yrs. Old he has a good life with me and his sister and stepdad. He is an honor student in school and on the high school football team. The problem is we live in Ohio his dad lives in Missouri, we moved here five yrs' ago, we own our home and both have been on or jobs for yrs. He visits...

I want to live with my mom but my dad has custody over me [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have a question regarding my situation. Ok well my parents were never married but they did separate when I was eight and me and my siblings got stuck living with my dad. So anyway me and my siblings want to live with our mom so we told her and she started going to court to try to win us...

Live with mom- want to live with dad across country [ 3 Answers ]

I live with my mom with my 3 siblings. She has full custody. My dad is getting married and moving to California. I want to go with him. He knows that and says its OK if my mom says its OK. If my mom says no, what happens? Do I go to court? Do I easily loose if I don't have a ligitiment reason to...

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search