Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Muttstylist Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Cat Hair Loss - with no other symptoms
    I have a four year old cat that's really lazy, a picky eater, and will only drink water from a running source i.e. the fish tank filter, the sink, the shower, etc. He's got hair balding on his head in front of his ears, no scratching, bumbs or redness. He's also got a similar thinning spot (becoming increasingly bald) on the base of his tail. No overgrooming, in fact I've never watched him groom extensively, only for a couple of seconds. And he sheds like crazy! What do you think he has?
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Aug 11, 2007, 09:19 AM
    The vet I work for told us this is called feline alopeshia,and is common in many cats.It can be compared to male pattern balding.Some cats have it and some don't.;) I asked her one day why some cats have hair loss like this,and this was her answer.
    beenaroundtheblock Posts: 37, Reputation: 7

Aug 11, 2007, 12:00 PM
    My wife and I have 9 cats and we have one like you. She's healthy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss in my cat [ 4 Answers ]

My car has hairloss on his tail and right between his shoulder blades. He is constantly licking or scratching. I used advantage and he was good then we got tight on money and bought store brand flea medicine now he got worse. What can I do to make him feel better?:confused:

Cat hair loss [ 2 Answers ]

There is a friendly homeless cat that we have been feeding and looking after. He must live outside mostly, I don't think he has a home. He has some hair loss on his back and up the bottom of his tail. His skin underneath the hair loss is somewhat pink. Any ideas what it could be? Any suggestions...

Cat hair loss [ 6 Answers ]

Our spayed female cat is 7 years old. She has a few patches on her abdomen, one being on her lower abdomen, and the other on one side of her middle abdomen. She has hair loss in these areas, and I am not sure why. The lower one is a large area, and the upper one not quite as large. She has been to...

Cat hair loss [ 3 Answers ]

One of my cats is always licking her stomach and she has lost a lot of fur near her tail. The vet says this is caused by stress, but she doesn't seem very nervous. How can I stop her from licking herself excessively?

View more questions Search