Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danny-zoe Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 07:05 AM
    first sin
    Adam and eve did the first sin I have been wondering what did they do ? And what was the out come of the sin? Because many of christian think that they had sex. And I do think that they had right to have sex because they were suppiosed to produce children
    I wait eagerly to receive your answer God bless you
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2007, 07:11 AM
    The sin was not sex, it was choosing to turn from God. Specifically, going "behind his back" to do other than his will. They chose to do something they were commanded not to do in eating from the tree.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJ
    The sin was not sex, it was choosing to turn from God. Specifically, going "behind his back" to do other than his will. They chose to do something they were commanded not to do in eating from the tree.
    RickJ,
    I believe you are right in your statement that the sin was not sex and we muslims also believe it was satan (I think it is depicted in some religions as a snake?) who turned Adam away from God at that moment of sin as Satan was jealous of Adam.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Adam and Eve ate of the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge. That went against what they were commanded. Genesis 2:17. The consequence of that sin was that they were cast out of Eden forever and forced to make a living by tilling the soil. Genesis 3:19-24. In Christian theology this is connected to the doctrine of "original sin."

The sin, as both Rick and firmbeliever have stated, was not due to Adam and Eve engaging in marital relations.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 9, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Daniel, the bible is of no personal intepertation, once you have the full revelation of who Christ is you will know what happen in Eden.
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 9, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Chuck everybody is entitled to their own opinions on this site, you have yours and I have mine
    dog_skyhigh Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Aug 22, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danny-zoe
    Adam and eve did the first sin i have been wondering what did they do ? and what was the out come of the sin? because many of christian think that they had sex. and i do think that they had right to have sex because they were suppiosed to produce children
    i wait eagerly to receive your answer God bless you
    We must never forget that when Adam and Eve disobeyed God, they sinned against Him which is called rebellion against God. God said to Adam, :Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?" (Genesis 3.11, NIV). Those two individuals represented the human race in God's sight because we are all made of the same substance. As a result sin entered the world and human beings failed God's command again by misusing God's intent for sex in marriage. The people invented adultery, fornication, homosexual acts, incest, and prostitution among a whole gross of other sins. These things have never left the human race and never will in this life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Unforgivable Sin? [ 68 Answers ]

I know there are many different nominations and beliefs and opinions about the subject of sin. So here goes. Have any of you heard about the UNFORGIVABLE SIN? If you have exactly what is this unforgivable sin. At the same time I thought all sin can be forgiven? What is your take? Joe

Original Sin [ 13 Answers ]

I am curious if anyone might have a theroy on Original Sin? There has been so much speculation over hundreds of years and I would like to hear what you think. Thanks:confused:

Dealing with Sin [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah... so... help me, there's certain sins that I'm having trouble defeating, my will gets eroded, and some people just bug me so much, that I can't help but be mean to them or yell at them, which is a sin, and my thoughts, I can't keep sin out of my thoughts. I know that I can defeat sin, that I...

Living in sin [ 42 Answers ]

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly... This is a relationship question, but I chose to discuss this with other christians. I am in a relationship with the father of my 2 year old son. We are not married yet, and we live together. I have always known the Lord, but...

View more questions Search