Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QueenSadie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Emotional abuse
    Can emotional abuse as a child and teenager cause long term damage to your life as an adult? And can it affect your relationships or mental health, like cause a break down or something?
    FrOsT_bItE Posts: 125, Reputation: -2
    -

Aug 6, 2007, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenSadie
    Can emotional abuse as a child and teenager cause long term damage to your life as an adult? And can it affect your relationships or mental health, like cause a break down or something?
    Yes it can. Why do you ask? Is it a family thing or an assignment that you have to do? Meantally and emotionally
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Sadly, yes it can. It all depends on resilience, which varies from child to child. When children are abused it causes development to be offset a bit, therefore, resulting in the child not developing the way that it would normally.
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 09:19 PM
    This website has a lot of information about child abuse; you may find it interesting/helpful!
    Emotional Abuse - Child Abuse: An Overview
    I also wanting to add that you should consider reading A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer. He is a survivor of child abuse and a real inspiration!
    QueenSadie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by FrOsT_bItE
    Yes it can. Why do you ask? Is it a family thing or an assignment that you have to do? Meantally and emotionally
    It's a family thing
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Emotional and verbal abuse are just as bad as physical abuse.

My father was an emotional & verbal abuser. It has taken me many years to get over the things he did and said. There are still some things that really hurt me and the things he has done and said have caused problems in my relationship.

If this is going on your family please get help if this is your kids get help for yourself and for your kids.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental and Emotional Abuse [ 19 Answers ]

I'm in a terrible situation and it's affecting my son and I. I gave up my apartment to move in with a man I thought loved me. He has continued to cheat on me with several women, and constantly mentally and emotionally abuse my son and I. I pray to god I don't get a disease. I have been looking for...

Emotional overload [ 98 Answers ]

My ex just recently graduated from the NYPD academy, something he'd been in college for while we were dating. Now, he's out on the streets patrolling, and I know contacting him is a bad idea, so I'd like to write out how I feel here. For one thing, my dad told me the other day that he sees my ex on...

Emotional intelligence [ 2 Answers ]

Provide me any good name of book and author on the subject of EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE.

View more questions Search