Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jreenan Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Trees keep sprouting after cut down
    We had a very large Cottonwoodand a Sumac taken down professionally 2 months ago. They also removed the stump and many of the larger roots. However, there were so many roots, they weren't all removed.

Our problem is that now we are constantly pulling new sprouts growing from the roots of these trees. Every day it seems that there are 20 more sprouts. Is there any way to kill these trees forever?

I've heard rumors that driving a copper nail into the tree will kill it. We tried putting nails in the roots, but it didn't seem to work.

Any ideas?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 04:30 PM
    Try Some Agricultural Herbicide, Go To Your County Agent And Ask Him What He Recommends. Round Up Sprayed Directly On The Sprouts Should Do The Trick, Then Spray The Roots Also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transplanting trees [ 2 Answers ]

How do I transplant wild trees in my yard? How tall can they be to safely move. We have fir cedar and pine?

Growing Trees [ 6 Answers ]

I have just received Three new trees. Two blue Spruce and a Silver Maple. All are about 2 foot high (includes roots), question is, should I plant them right into the ground now or plant them in a pot and let them mature a little bit (and if so, how long)? Thanks for the time.:)

Cut her loose or cut her slackj [ 3 Answers ]

Dude, this sounds bad, but my friend is hott(not in a lesbo way), and she is friends with all the guys. But whenever she tries to help out a friend, they always endup liking her! It really ticks me off because all the guys love her and I really don't need her taking the only guy I got! She always...

Trees in lawn [ 2 Answers ]

"In my area of michigan spring time bring about an avalanche of those twirling tree seeds that fall everywhere. I just put in a new lawn from seed and the tree seeds fell in the yard as well. Naturally I could not rake them out without disturbing the new seed. Now I have tiny tree saplings growing...

Dogwood Trees [ 2 Answers ]

I had some Pink Dogwood trees. They are now White.What do I need to do to bring back my pink ? Thank You Ramblinrose Texas :eek:

View more questions Search