Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flexel Posts: 61, Reputation: 7

Aug 6, 2007, 12:46 AM
    Hmmmm. Close?
    well, I was with my girlfriend last night spending time together like we usually do.. we talk watch movies and stuff :S and last night when I was leaven we where standing talking at her door... some how she randomly said that she wanted to get to know me better and get closer to me before we moved on to the next step in our relationship I was like :eek: as I didn't think we could get any closer than we are.. we tell each other everything and also talk each other through things but when she had told me that my heart just hit the ground and made me gringe.. this makes me feel like I don't know her at all...

am I wrong for thinking that I don't know my girl friend.

how much closer can we get? Is this a female thing for getting closer?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 6, 2007, 04:00 AM
    If you aren't sexually active, then she probably means she wants to be closer THAT WAY.

Aug 6, 2007, 04:31 AM
    Hmmm... that's what I thought but we do play around.. to an certain extent where she won't go further... which I respect her so I do as she wishes... but I just don't understand what she means :S it has been on my mind since she has said it :(
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2007, 04:43 AM
    Well just because you talk about everything doesn't necessarily mean that she feels like she knows everything. When teenager girls say that it usually means that she wants to know what's going on inside of your head all the time. She wants to feel really let in. I wouldn't take it as an insult or that your relationship isn't as good as you think it is.
    Gizzmo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Talk to her about it, tell her that you don't quite understand what she means by going to the next step. And no, its not wrong to think you don't know your girlfriend. There's always thing about a person that your not going to know, and never will. The best advice I can give though is to talk to her. Talking to the person about the problem gets the wondering and guessing out of the way. You don't want to assume she's ready to have sexual activity with you and be wrong, nor do you want to assume that she is not going to have sexual activity with you and be wrong. And, I'm rambling on again, so just talk to her about it and find out for sure what she meant by the comment.

Aug 6, 2007, 05:30 AM
    That's what I mean though we have talk about these things and have said to each other we will take it step by step... and talk each other through things and stuff... I completely understand where use are coming from but I don't understand what the comment was about... ive open'd up to her told her personal things that not even my best mates know :$ and that's what I mean when I thought we where close... untill she said that she wants to get closer to me :S and I did ask her what she meant but she just wanted to drop it and not discuzz it so I goes to her to wait and min and let me ask a qiestion? So I asked you want to get to know me closer but I already thought we where close enough :S and she more or less dropped the subject... bare in mind I have stayed at her house countless times in the same bed not doing any sexual activeties usual just cuddlen up and talking about each other... and most nights when I'm at her house I'm usually there till midnight before I go home... im not using this as an excuse that we are close but from my experance with her I feel pritty much as close as I can get haven't been any closer to any female before :$

Aug 7, 2007, 12:15 AM
    Can anyone explain to me more detail.. or is it a tuff one? :( just am really confused now about us :S
    Grayfox Posts: 129, Reputation: 23

Aug 7, 2007, 12:33 AM
    If I were you I'd chill out, it sounds to me like you're taking this waaaay too seriously. The girl just said she wants to get closer to you, maybe you're not both on the same page... regardless... this means she wants to be... unless she is very innacurately hinting at something else... which is possible but ambiguous to say the least.

Aug 7, 2007, 01:03 AM
    OK, but you can see where I am coming from, I tell her everything even stuff my best mates don't know... and as far as I know she tells me everything. And I thought we where already as close as we can be...

Maybe your righ I maybe need to chill out.. but I find it rather strange how she said it and would't let me ask what she meant and was willing to drop it after she said it :S
    beans0812 Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Aug 7, 2007, 01:08 AM
    In my experiences, since she dropped the subject, I would let it go for now. If you two are still happy, continue being happy. If she brings it up again and you still don't understand then you should really make it clear to her that she needs to explain where she is coming from.

Aug 7, 2007, 01:19 AM
    @Beans that sounds like the situation right there... Thanks a lot I will drop it like you said thank you much
    beans0812 Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Aug 7, 2007, 01:21 AM
    No problem, glad I could help
    Grayfox Posts: 129, Reputation: 23

Aug 7, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Hey man, I would worry a little bit too, but all you can really do is talk to her about it... and if she doesn't want to... try to express how much the conversation would mean to you, if she still doesn't then I personally would be a little disapointed but if this is an equal relationship where communication and understanding one another is important, then she should be happy to try and explain or at least tell you a time when she might be willing to talk about it. Its possible she'll just say to forget the whole thing... I guess at that point its up to you how badly you want to know, but if you don't think it will affect your relationship in a negative way then I'd just let it go all together.
    lostinatrance Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
    My opinion is that she feels she doesn't know enough about you, and then she decided that it was a stupid thought so she changed her mind. OR She wanted to tell you something that she hasn't told you and was scared to, but then fear got ahold of her and she changed her mind. Both options are possible. Good luck, but don't stress about it too much.

Aug 8, 2007, 12:22 AM
    I have kind of forgotten about this hole situation now... will maybe bring it up again in a few days time :S

@ grey and lostinatrance... thats why I had the slightest bit of worry on my mind as I thought about all the possibilities of what she was meaning..

Try this one on... she hasn't been in the mood for playing around... so I goes to her I will behave well last night I behaved all night mean while she was pure teasen me to the max and it was so not funny it was in front of her best friend... later on she took me in to another room and teased me some more... me being me can't handle it I started playing back and then al of a sudden she stops me from playing and still continues trying to tease me knowen that I said I would behave which I did all night up to this point as I was horny as hell... she thought it was funny...
    lostinatrance Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Aug 8, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Well that's just being a bi**h. I can't understand why she'd do that, I wouldn't do that to a guy ever, it's just not fair. Have you asked her about it?

Aug 9, 2007, 01:51 AM
    Ahhh, its maybe just me being to paranoid, :S but its just frustrating but she seem'd to be OK last night.. but hey I will just have to wait and see :S
    ILove Me Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexel
    well, i was with my girlfriend last night spending time together like we usually do..we talk watch movies and stuff :S and last night when i was leaven we where standing talking at her door...some how she randomly said that she wanted to get to know me better and get closer to me before we moved on to the next step in our relationship i was like :eek: as i didnt think we could get any closer than we are..we tell each other everything and also talk each other through things but when she had told me that my heart just hit the ground and made me gringe..this makes me feel like i dont know her at all.....

am i wrong for thinking that i dont know my girl friend.

how much closer can we get? is this a female thing for getting closer?
    Lol
    Yes it is a female thing
    I honestly don't get it as being a female
    How much kloser can you get when you can feel her heart beat with yours
    But females think a certain way
    Just go along with it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

So Close and Yet So Far! [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, this is a first for me. So, bare with me please. I'm 25 and I have yet to have an orgasm. I know that I'm so close though. That is the worst part. I've tried everything and I do what gets me to the point that I'm about to come and then... I stop. The sensation is so overwhelming that I...

So far yet so close [ 6 Answers ]

My boy friend and I have been going out for about 2 years now... I met him online playing a game of pool. He lives in australia and I live in canada. He flew over to meet me face to face and we've been going steady since then... he just recently proposed to me. But when we spend like a week...

Gas line & dryer vent pipe - how close is too close? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm rerouting the gas dryer vent piping so that it will inside the adjoining stud wall. At the top of the wall the vertical exhaust pipe will be within an inch or two of the horizontal running copper gas supply line. Question - is there a minimum distance that the metal dryer exhaust pipe must...

Will they ever close up? [ 4 Answers ]

Currently, I have 7 piercings in my ears. I have my first ones done when I was 8 and they were crooked (they never closed up from me poking earrings through them), so I had them re-pierced at 10 and they are also crooked. My second ones were pierced at 12 and one of those is crooked, and my third...

Am I close? [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to understand this question and a few others, this is my attempt, am I close or way off base? Thanks for your help in advance! Question 3 Prepare year end adjusting entries for each of the following: 1. Office supplies had a balance of $84 on Jan 1, purchases debited to office supplies...

View more questions Search