Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honeydoguy238 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 01:39 PM
    Hampton Bay light - aluminum wire?
    My Hampton Bay light fixture (sku 141531) has one white and one black wire (stranded 18AWG) which are a silver color. I tried scratching to see if copper is under some coating, and cut a piece off the end to see if the end showed copper, both with no copper showing. Is there a way to confirm if the wire is copper?
    The wire also has a code AWM 3321. Is this telling me that it is tinned copper?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2007, 03:18 PM
    I always thought it was stranded tinned copper also. Haven't ran into aluminum smaller than #14, Here is good info:
    Dynamic Surplus A.I.W Corp. White 18AWG 150C 600V AWM Style 3321 Hook-Up Wire QTY: 500'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay track light - pendant light cord length [ 2 Answers ]

How can I shorten the length of the light cord on a Hampton Bay track system ? There is a tube that plugs into the track that has a serries of screws but there is also a screw at the light base also.

Hampton Bay Ceiling Light [ 1 Answers ]

Ceiling Fan 52" Tahiti Breeze Model 344470 Hampton Bay The ceiling light has been install for about 1 1/2 yrs. (light not installed), I'm using an Universal remote Control Harbor Breeze 43147. Q. The switch plate has two switches one for the hall light and the other for the ceiling fan, the...

Hampton Bay Lighting - Upper Light Does Not Work But Low Light Does [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Fan that has a fan, upper lighting and lower lighting with a remote model UC7078T. The remote works for the fan and lower lighting but not the upper lighting. This means the remote and fan are on the same frequency. I've confirmed that the bulbs are all good. Can't find a...

Hampton Bay light kit [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan. I bought a Harbor Breeze light kit for this fan but found the "light kit wires" in the fan had special connectors and so I cut them off and connected the light kit to the fan with wire nuts in the conventional manner but the light kit will not work. Why?

Hampton bay light flickers [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a Hampton Bay ceiling fan/light fixture, and the light flickers a bit. This is a unit with a wall switch remote with receiver in the canopy, and the bulb is a 100w halogen. I suspect the receiver unit is causing the problem, but wondered if anyone out there has an idea? ...

View more questions Search