Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mullie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2007, 01:02 PM
    Hissing and growling
    I have a 21 week old Himalayan kitten. NuNu is her name. My friend just a male himalayan, Cyrus is his name.
    I had NuNu spayed 3 weeks ago. We have introduced them last Sat. My friend and I live in the same apartment complex. We would like for our kittens to be playmates, but NuNu seems to hissing and growling a lot when he comes to visit.
    I know she is protecting her territory. His kitten is 12 weeks old.
    Last night I had them both, NuNu hissed and growled a lot, but after a while, she would chase him around the apartment, then he would chase her, then they would hiss at each other. Is this their way of playing?
    Is there anything else we can do to help them like each other?
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2007, 01:09 PM
    I would let them visit daily if possible. At least until they get used to one another. Also trying giving them cat treats, but only when they are visiting each other also sit and stroke their fur. I think they will be just fine with each other after awhile.
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Aug 5, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Most female cats behave this way especially after being spayed.Your cat is showing her dominance over the younger cat.She may eventually change her behavior,but her hormones are screwed up and she is letting this male kitten know who is in charge.
    BushG. Is right,give them time,I think she will come around.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Growling heater pipes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40 year old house with a 20 year old oil furnace. When the heater clicks on, its really loud on very cold nights. The noise keeps the whole family up. Sort of a gurgling sound that starts above the heater and vibrates through the house. Can anyone help?

New behavior hissing and growling [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has just started hissing and growling if one of my other animals comes near. He has also started hissing and growling when I ether do not let him get in my lap or if I move him off me. Dose anyone think this is because he is going crazy or that he is hurting?

My pup keeps growling [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new dog owner, and have found a great rescue puupy, but he has been growling at strangers randomly when my husband and I are on walks. He is only 4 and a half months old and was delivered by the people at the rescue, but acts like an adult attack dog when certain people approach him. Most...

Growling [ 4 Answers ]

This seems to be a silly question, my 10 month old pup does not growl, even during tug of war games, cleaning ears, cutting nails, play fighting with other dogs. She does a lot of happy "talking" she's very very vocal, she's 3/4 lab 1/4 shepherd, is this normal? I'm with her 24/7, and not once has...

Normally Docile Dog Growling [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My normally sweet and docile lab mix growled at me tonight! He jumped on the couch next to me while I was watching TV. I guess I leaned my head in too close when I was hugging/petting him because he suddenly growled/snapped/barked in the general direction of my face. He has done this...

View more questions Search