Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khicks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Is There State Rental Assitance?
    I was told by a friend that the state issues up to 4,000 for you to relocate to another state and pay your rent and securities. Is this true? Is so how do I access this?

I was also told that the salavation army gives money for rental assistance but I cannot find any information on that. Has anyone heard of this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2007, 10:21 AM
    I have never heard of assistance to move.

There is section 8 housing in many area, and most US counties have a welfare department that sometimes have emergancy rental assistance for one or two months max normally.

The salvatoin army with proof of rental past due and possible eviction have helped some when they have avaialbe funds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking Rental house lease due to state job relocation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering If I can break my lease in Texas because I just got a job in another city in Texas working for the state as a corrections officer? My lease doesn't end for 5 more months and I have to move in about a month. My landlord told me I couldn't get out of the lease one time before...

State taxes on out-of-state short-term contract [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Here's my situation. Facts: I am a consultant for company X (W-2 arrangement),which is based in New Jersey, where I was hired for a 6-month contract in New Jersey to perform work for one of their clients--company Z. I am a current resident of Arizona where I have a house and I plan...

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

2 states: Can I credit state tax of one state to other state [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 W-2. One from job in Mass. Mass state tax is withheld in that W-2. Then I moved to NC and got a new job in NC. NC state tax is withheld in this second jobs W-2. Both W-2 only have state tax withheld from their corresponding states. So can I credit taxes of one state to another and...

Federal return collected by state for state liability [ 1 Answers ]

I live in wi and filed married jointly I owe the wisc. Dep. Of revenue money but I have paid off the IRS . I filed my fed. Return electronicly and it was accepded, can the wisc .dep. Of rev. take my fed tax return? Or will my fed return be deposited in my account that I have specified with my...

View more questions Search