Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beachbum51890 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 01:42 PM
    When it comes to age.
    Hi, I am a 17 year old girl, and I just met this real nice guy. He gave me his number and we started talking, we are supposed to hangout tomorrow.. he is 24. Is that too old?

Help :(
    SpawnOfAzazel Posts: 106, Reputation: 18

Aug 1, 2007, 01:45 PM
    In my opinion, yes, that's too old. I wouldn't let my 17 year old daughter date a 24 year old. No way, no how.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 02:15 PM
    The fact that you are asking indicates you are unsure if this is an appropriate relationship. If you are uncomfortable about meeting with this guy, DON'T GO. It could be your gut warning you of something.

I, like Spawn, think the age difference is a little to great, given that you are still a teen and he is (supposedly) an adult. I have to question the motivations of a guy who wants to date a girl who is still in high school (or just graduated) when he's been out for several years... Seems creepy to me.
    risswalden Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Aug 1, 2007, 04:25 PM
    He's too old. And, in lots of states it's a felony for you two to do anything physical.
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 04:29 PM
    He's too old for you... or at least to get physical with. In my mind for dating and if you've known them for long enough, then it's fine at those two ages.
    I want to say that you shouldn't. (though that makes me a hypocryte seeing how when I was 15 I dated a 25 year old:o) Just don't do it till you're of age.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety
    (though that makes me a hypocryte seeing how when I was 15 I dated a 25 year old:o) Just don't do it till you're of age.
    Be careful what you say when it comes to age differences involving yourself, some people here will attack you for it.

Just a friendly suggestion :)

-was attacked for dating an 18 year old when I was 14-
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 04:43 PM
    I don't mind the attack... he was worth it. He became my best friend and if anyone wants to bad mouth then go for it...
    But I stand by my "don't do it" statement.:)
    happylady123 Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Aug 1, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Wait until you are at least 18. But I do think that a 17 and 24 year old shouldn't be together. Even though you may not see it there is a serious difference in just the way you guys think and act. A 24 year old will expect more from you. A 24 year old shouldn't even want to date a 17 year old. Try to date someone closer to your age.
    Kutie20 Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Aug 2, 2007, 10:41 PM
    I am 20. My husband and I met when I was 17. He was 27 at the time. We are now married for 2 years and have a son. You just need to know that you cannot have sex. At least until you are 18. Because it is illegal. But I think if you are comfortable with the age difference than that is all that matters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When it comes to age. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 17 year old girl, and I just met this real nice guy. He gave me his number and we started talking, we are supposed to hangout tomorrow.. he is 24. Is that too old? Help :(

"Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence? [ 3 Answers ]

History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well. Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ? We seem to...

At age 7? [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is only 7 and she is having some questionable behavior. One time my step mother walked in on her on top of her little sister and as stepmom put it "she was just humping away". When I give little sister a bath and at anytime that she is undressed my 7 year old comes up with some excuse...

Age? [ 19 Answers ]

What do you think the boarder line age would be. Like how far apart would you think is okay. Like 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 years or more.

Old age? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rotty/german shepard mix... goin on about 5 years now. He just recently has been sick. I don't know the problem, he drools a lot more than usual, doesn't eat, and barely moves. When he does he seems to be real weak (shakes) and needs assistance. What do I do?

View more questions Search