Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ctaubry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Installing Thermostat Ceiling Fan & Light Remote Control
    I am installing a HarborBreeze Thermostate Ceiling Fan & Light Remote Control on a standard ceiling fan (no I can't find the brand or model name) with a pull chain for the light and a pull chain for the speeds. There are 3 speeds on the fan.

My problem is that there are only five wires on the remote unit and 6 wires in the fan unit. The fan is controlled by one flip switch for the fan and one switch for the light. I can't seem to figure out how to wire the remote to the fan and get it to work.

If I did this correctly, I was able to find which two wires were the AC Load and AC neutral and connected these to the AC Load and AC neutral of the remote unit. This left 4 wires to connect from the fan to 3 wires on the remote unit. There is an AC Load and AC neutral shown on the remote unit (2 wires) for the fan motor, but only one wire for the light. Where do I go from here to get the remote to work?

Please help.:confused:
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2007, 03:05 PM
    The fan has 6 wires? How are they connected? Send me a picture of the fan, since you don't know the make.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remote control on ceiling fan with a fluorescent light [ 4 Answers ]

I purchase a Home Depot ceiling fan with a fluorescent light. I bought a remote control for the fan but it cannot control the fluorescent light. Any thoughts on how I may reconfigure the wiring to use the remote? Thanks, Dan

Ceiling fan remote control coverting to light/fan dimmer [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently remodeling my home and am coming across a major problem that NO ONE seems to have an answer for. I have two ceiling fans that operate via remote control. The rest of the ones in my home are the popular "pull down" chains - and those work prefectly with the new fan/light dimmers...

Installing Wall-Mounted Remote Control - Ceiling Fan [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everybody: I am new to this board and hope there is somebody around this Memorial Day Weekend who can help. I just bought a Modern Fan Company Aurora Hugger ceiling fan and am trying to install it. This fan has no pull cords and operates on a remote that is tucked into the fan housing....

Remote Control Light and Ceiling Fan [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have just had two Omega Casablanca remote control Ceiling and Light fans fitted. My question I have noticed that when I use my microwave oven this will turn on the light or fan on these units, is this normal and how can I rectify the problem. Thanking you kindly, sarah 1:confused:

Remote-Control Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan/Light [ 1 Answers ]

We recently did some remodeling in the house to include some electrical and since then, our downstairs remote-control Hampton Bay ceiling fans no longer work. They worked yesterday (one day after the electrician left) and now only "click". What is going on and how do we fix this problem?

View more questions Search