Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Professahillbilly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 08:02 AM
    91 honda civic code
    On my friends 91 honda civic, it is showing code 16. We just replaced the disrtibutor and rotor, that is when it started showing the code. The code is a fuel injector circuit fault, on an identicle question I found on here they said they fixed it by replacing the coil but when you replace the distributer it comes with a new coil, now I am stuck, what could it be? Anything helps... thanks.
    Dave
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Code 16: Fuel Injector Problem

. Reset ECM.
    . Start engine and listen for a "click" from each fuel injector, using a mechanic's stethoscope or large handle screwdriver.
    . Disconnect 2-P connector from any injector that does not click. Measure resistance between the two terminals of injector. Is there 10 to 13 ohms? If not, replace injector.
    Professahillbilly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by txgreasemonkey
    Code 16: Fuel Injector Problem

. Reset ECM.
    . Start engine and listen for a "click" from each fuel injector, using a mechanic's stethoscope or large handle screwdriver.
    . Disconnect 2-P connector from any injector that does not click. Measure resistance between the two terminals of injector. Is there 10 to 13 ohms? If not, replace injector.
    Well, the problem is that the car won't start.. that's my bad, I probably should have specified that in my question, we cannot figure out why it won't start, and the code is all that we have come up with... or is it possible to check the "clicks" without the engine running?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Reading sections A and B below should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Civic CODE 15 [ 8 Answers ]

I have honda civic 92, My car will die every morning when check engine light comes up every day. It can be start it again by reseated fuse for ECU (15 amp) within 5 minutes time frame, I check the error code, it has code 41 and 15, I changed the oxgen sensor but the sympton still there. During the...

Honda civic code 9 cyp sensor how to repair [ 1 Answers ]

I got the engine light coming on at different occasions not always, checked and got error 9, as per honda manual I tested the points on connectors for cyp, on male connector, I got right ohmage reading, on female I get a open reading,meaning from one point to ground there is continuity, My...

96 Honda Civic... Misfire code [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 96 Civic Hatchback with a 1.6L. My engine would misfire (engine light would come on) only when the engine is under strain... such as climbing a hill in 5th gear or over 100kph... when I'm scooting around town it's fine. I've replaced the spark plugs , ignition wires, distributor cap and...

91 Civic no start/Trouble code 15 [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, Things that have been changed out with new parts, the Main Relay, The complete Distributor. Fuel pump and all of the Fuses Grounds and wireing has been checked. I am getting a trouble code 15 indicitave of a no signal from Distributor. All of the wiring seems fine, have any of you run into...

Honda civic dpfi problem code 16 [ 1 Answers ]

My civic is not starting and I checked the ingition system which is OK. I ECU is flashing a code 16. Im not sure how to go about checking the fuel system, not sure what to look for? Or how to tell whether something is working right. Please help a bratha out! Thanks nocalhomie :eek:

View more questions Search