Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sirlancelot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2005, 07:59 AM
    Thermostat question
    I Have A New Honeywell thermostat that I just installed. And all of the colors are matched up it seems but my air handler will not shut off with my outside unit? And I have replaced the air handler electrical-contactor.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2005, 09:04 AM
    Check the thermostat and make sure the fan switch is on auto, not fan. Check the G terminal at the air handler to make sure it does not have 24 v to the B or C terminal. The air handler also has a timer that should let the blower run 90 seconds after the thermostat shuts the compressor off. It could be sticking.

The contactor was a likely suspect, but not always the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat Wiring Question [ 1 Answers ]

While installing a new thermostat I accidentally attached the blue wire (common) to the heat damper terminal on the thermostat. It is a common 5 wire set-up with red being hot, white being the heat relay, the yellow being compressor contact and the green being the fan. I lost power to the...

Thermostat wiring question [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I have an old thermostat that needs to be replaced. Just to be thorough, the old thermostat is a Goodman mod #HPTD18-60. It's a 24v line that controls both heating and cooling and has a multistage heat pump. The new thermostat is a honeywell RTH7400D. The old thermostat uses the...

Thermostat question [ 1 Answers ]

I have a White-Rogers, model #1F80-51, thermostat. The thermostat chirps a few times every minute despite the fact that I have changed the batteries out, checking them with a multimeter to make sure the new batteries are of the proper voltage. What should I do next?

Can anyone help with a thermostat question? [ 1 Answers ]

I have Coleman central air unit and electric furnace, it came with a Coleman 7900-7541/a TYPE 1C26-118 thermostat hooked up to it, it has a white,green,yellow,and red wired hooked up to it, there is a blue wire there but it is not hooked up. I am trying to hook up a digital programmable Honeywell...

Thermostat Wiring Question [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for your help... I just purchased a large older home, and I want to replace the thermostats. They are Honeywell Chronotherm III's and the digital display's are impossible to read. I'm thinking of replacing them with Hunter AutoSaver 550's. The house has a hydro air system,...

View more questions Search