Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ropinhound Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Garnishment of Wages
    My wages are being garnished. The company I work for adds in the money that they pay towards my health insurance on my paycheck then takes it right back out for the insurance. Can they take 25% of my wages including that money? It's not my takehome pay but it is for health insurance, so I'm not sure what the answer is. If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 01:41 PM
    If you are in Canada and it is your OHIP contribution, then I don't think they are allowed to do that. I don't understand really how they are accomplishing this, so they are taking out say $25 for your health insurance, putting it back in and then taking 25%?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 28, 2007, 03:18 PM
    In the US, health insurance is not a garnishment it is merely a deduction.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 28, 2007, 03:21 PM
    The 25% should be on gross pay. Because Health Insurance may be pretax dollars its possible they have to put it in and out to have it balance properly. Ask your payroll people for a full explanation of your paystub.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishment of wages [ 4 Answers ]

My wages are being garnished. The company I work for adds in the money that they pay towards my health insurance on my paycheck then takes it right back out for the insurance. Can they take 25% of my wages including that money? It's not my takehome pay but it is for health insurance, so I'm not...

IRS garnishment of wages [ 8 Answers ]

Can my employee garnish my bonus or commission check? If so, at what percent. I just had a garnishment on my wages of my bonus check and the check was for ($1377.00 gross) and all I received was $10.47 the garnished almost the whole thing. Is that legal?

Garnishment of wages [ 1 Answers ]

I want to garnish wages from an real estate agent in GA. CIF wages are earned by a agent (independant contractor) through a broker, can their wages be garnished?

Garnishment of wages [ 3 Answers ]

How is a garnishment handled when 2 parties were envolved for one payment, can one person only be garnished for the payment due, what to do if they try to put it on one person:confused:

Garnishment of wages [ 1 Answers ]

In the state of Pennsylvania who can garnish wages

View more questions Search