Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    unknown624 Posts: 111, Reputation: 4

Jul 27, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Why so much acne?
    I am 15, and I get A LOT of acne. It's really disgusting because I get red scars after they go away. Most of the time, when I get lots of sun, they start to go away. But when I get my period, I tend to break out a lot. I take pills, and use a medicated cream, but nothing seems to be working. What should I do?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Cut your hair short and *totally avoid* putting any products on your hair other than shampoo.

Change you pillowcase every day to a clean one washed in hypoallergenic soap.

Drink 3-4 glasses of milk every day as it has sunshine vitamin D added (and much needed calcium).

Never touch your face after you wash it with Ivory soap in the morning. Never.

That should get you started; you should expect a vast improvement in a month.
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Jul 27, 2007, 03:32 PM
    I do all this and mine doesn't go away either.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 28, 2007, 09:05 AM
    It's common for teenagers to get acne. This is when the oil glands in the body start making more sebum oil which can plug up the hair follicles and trap bacteria that causes red bumps or acne. Heredity and hormonal imbalance can also play a role in acne. Another factor that can trigger acne is menstrual periods. Breakouts can occur a few days before the cycle begins and go away after the cycle ends.

Over-the-counter lotions and creams containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide may help prevent acne and clear it up. There are also acne systems created by dermatologists that can help clear up your skin, such as ProactiV Solution or Murad Acne Complex. You might want to experiment and give these products a try and see if it will work for you. If you don't see anything results after one or two months, please consult a dermatologist for a proper treatment.
    hellawes2005 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Jul 28, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Drink a lot of water, and try using tea tree oil, which acts as a disinfectant and has been shown to clear up everything from athlete's foot to acne.
    BreeAnne Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2007, 01:04 AM
    First off, getting lots of sun exposure doesn't make your pimples go away, you only get color from the sun which make your pimples seem to blend in more. Second, if your already on pills on medicated creams then you probably go to a dermatologist, it depends on how long you have been going for but if your acne is as bad as you say it is then they might recommend that you go on birth control or as a LAST resort Accutane. Keep in mind that a dermatologist can't prescribe you birth control, but they suggest it. Certain birth controls can clear up your skin by regulating your hormones, let your doctor know that you are thinking about birth control to clear up acne because certain ones I have found actually make acne worse. With Accutane, there are serious side affects. My acne was really bad and I had extremely oily skin, I had tried every thing that my dermatologist gave me and nothing worked. I did the Accutane treatment and it completely cleared my skin up. Also while on Accutane, if you are sexually active you have to be on birth control, even if you are abstinent some dermatologist will insist that you are on birth control because of the serious birth defects that come from using Accutane. So if your acne is really that bad and you don't mind monthly blood tests, I would talk to your dermatologist about Accutane. I hope this helps! :)
    maddie63 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 01:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown624
    i am 15, and i get A LOT of acne. it's really disgusting because i get red scars after they go away. most of the time, when i get lots of sun, they start to go away. but when i get my period, i tend to break out a lot. i take pills, and use a medicated cream, but nothing seems to be working. what should i do?
    OK acne is annoying all you have to do well it worked with me but you have to start drinking more water and cutting out a bit of sugar hopefully it should help
    Good luck!!
    christas78 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 08:11 PM
    i am 15, and i get A LOT of acne. it's really disgusting because i get red scars after they go away. most of the time, when i get lots of sun, they start to go away. but when i get my period, i tend to break out a lot. i take pills, and use a medicated cream, but nothing seems to be working. what should i do?
    I think you should drink a lot of water stay on a healthy diet and try drinking soy milk it resolved most of my break out problems
    scac Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Well, try using proactive, Biorre, or maybe see a dermatologist. If you use any foundation (liquid), then maybe tr neutragina oil free make up
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 19, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marijo0116
    check this website: southgain.com and they will help you for your problem skin

Are you just here to promote your product? That isn't allowed here
    Dnovy521 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Uhhh don't eat chocolate if you like that kind of thing. I stopeed eating a lot of chocolate and my acne cleared up
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Sep 19, 2007, 07:46 PM
    Sweetie, it is my personal belief that giving up chocolate is unnecessary torture for us ladies! It is a total myth that chocolate causes acne. Maybe dnovy had allergic reactions to chocolate or something of the sort, because chocolate and other junk foods do not cause acne. However, eating right and exercising help your body stay at its peak, and can help improve the condition of your skin, but a candy bar here and there will not cause you to break out :)
    unknown624 Posts: 111, Reputation: 4

Sep 19, 2007, 09:26 PM
    OK... thanks guys! :)
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Sep 19, 2007, 10:10 PM
    An important thing, which someone else mentioned before. Keep your face clean all the time!! That's a big must with or without acne. But you do have to be careful what you wash it with, as some soaps and products irritate and dry your skin a lot. And when using face creams or makeup, make sure they're oil free.
    My sister had acne and she used Proactiv, it cleared her face up almost completely in one week. Thing is her acne wasn't too bad. I had a little bit of acne and used Proactiv, but I'm allergic to benzoyl peroxide. It cleared my pimples but left my face swollen. So Proactiv has a face wash, toner, and cream. So that would be all you need. They also offer other products like makeup suitable for people with acne... and body wash and shampoo if you have it on other areas.
    Mitzy19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 06:50 AM
    I had this too and I went to doctor who have me antibiotics called Oxytetracycline, after a few months of being on them I really noticed that I I had less new spots coming!
    HaRLoS Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Sep 21, 2007, 07:41 AM
    Okay well, I used to have the same problem when I was your age, what I did was I bought 3 different products, a CREAM cleanser(not a foaming one) a daily exfoliator, and a daily moisturizer. I use biore, they come in a green bottle. Try the warming anti-black head cream cleanser, it warms your skin to open up your pores for a deep down clean, the cooling exfoliator, exfoliates your skin while also closing your pores, and the pore minimizing lightweight exfoliator, makes your pores smaller so you won't have as many breakouts, I get pimples around my period also, but now I just get one tiny one. It works wonders.

Also change your pillowcase once a week because the oils from your hair leak onto your pillow while you sleep and can clog your pores. Don't touch your face after you eat cause grease can also clog your pores. Drink lots of water and a lot of REAL orange juice. Like tropicana, not minute maid or five alive. Wash your hands after you eat or touch something dirty just in case you end up touching your face.

I am going to school to become an esthetician.:)

Problem skin can be expsenive, but if you want to fix it, try to products myself and scac suggested, biore' is AMAZING! Trust me.

Tell me, do you know what kind of skin you have? Is it oily? Dry? Sensitive? That also can make a difference. There are products for certain kinds of skin.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acne [ 6 Answers ]

Hi pals Can you please tell me what is acne , why and whom does it effect ? And what is the best solution for treating ACNE,and also tell me are pimples caused due to acne?

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Acne [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a teenager and I get acne on my nose and around it and it my eyebrows and bad on my forehead. I know its bad to pick and pop but I can't help it sometimes I used dozens of items for acne.(acne wash.proactive, natures cure ect) none of them work properly. I haven't had a period ever yet but why...

Acne [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Melissa. I need some help. I have had acne for about 3 years and I want to get rid of it. Can you give me some ways to get rid of it?:confused:

Acne [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have well quite a lot of spots and I was wondering hw to get rid of them and I have scars from the spots and I want to get rid of them to so can you help me ?

View more questions Search