Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JackCzo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Install chair rail up the stairs
    How do I design and install a chair rail up the stairs. The chair rail is 36" from the floor, but going up the stairs it seems to high.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 30, 2007, 04:35 AM
    Your angle will be somewhere around 40 degrees or so, and no 36 doesn't work on the stair way, and I can't remember what we normal set that at, but I do know I just eye ball it and see what looks good and go with that,
    It also will help to chalk a line before you start running the chair up the steps.

You may also try and measure 36 from the nose of the steps strait up and see what that gives you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chair Rail Height [ 3 Answers ]

What is the correct height for a chair rail?

Chair Rail [ 2 Answers ]

I have a study that is 9 x 11 with 12' ceilings. What is the best way for me to shorten the height of the room without taking away from the square footage? Should I install chair rail?

Chair Rail [ 3 Answers ]

How High Should Chair Rail Be?

Chair rail moulding [ 2 Answers ]

At what height do you install chair rail moulding?my walls are 8 feet high.

Chair Rail up Stairs [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to put chair rail up a stairway, but the problem is that it would interfere with The existing handrail. Which way is better - to put it above the handrail, below it, or even with it? I'm using half-round, so even with the handrail would make it tough to use the Hand rail. Also,...

View more questions Search