Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KatieEighties Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Personal Assistant
    I would really like to get a job as a personal assistant (maybe to someone famous) after I graduate from college. The problem is that I don't know where to go to get a job like this or how to acquire the skills I will need to do this job properly. Does anyone know what I can do to get started?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 05:07 PM
    You may want to really reconsider it - a girl I used to work with was a PA to celebrities for years. The job is awful. You are on call 24 hours a day , every single day of the year. You have no life of your own. Your life is based on their wants and needs. You have no days off not even holidays. If the celebrity calls on you they expectation is that you will come running. It could be Thanksgiving and you want to be with your family well they may not let you. It's a really, really, really hard job.

Most the celebrities are so crazy - the stories she would tell! She stopped doing it because she was so lonely she had no friends and had not been able to spend time with her family in years. She wasn't able to have a boyfriend because she could barely get through a dinner date without phone calls.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 26, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Go see The Devil Wears Prada

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Virtual Assistant [ 4 Answers ]

Since at home typist jobs are apparently non-existent, can anyone point me in the right direction to becoming a Virtual Assistant?:)

More assistant [ 2 Answers ]

1. In order to be classified as a current liability, the liability needs to become due within ________. (is it 30-60 days? ) 2. the amount of a note payment due in the next twelve months is called _____. 3. a note due in 2 years with no amortization would be classified on the balance sheet...

Need more assistant [ 2 Answers ]

1. The 2 major journals in the accounting system that effect accounts receivables are what journals? 2. the 2 major journals in the accounting system that effect accounts payable are what journals? 3. land is always valued on the books of a firm at ____?

Do you know 180search Assistant.. [ 2 Answers ]

I think it's somekind of a spyware cause I never install it but there it is in my add and remove program list... do you know how to uninstall it... I tried but it only hang my add and remove program's window... so can I get any help about this.. :) Thanxz...

View more questions Search