Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Well, I wasn't suggesting that.. however, I suppose its possible.

Wow... imagine it like I, Robot... a clone for every home
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Yea and while they're at it why not start raising the dead as well because we can make clones of them using their DNA so the world becomes over populated AND WE ALL DIE
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Im not saying it's a good idea.. Im just saying whether it is or not no longer matters. The fact is that cloning humans will soon be a reality.

Cloning the dead... there's another idea. Why not clone some of the greatest minds in history?
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Well I won't be comfortable with clones of me running around, besides I'm not dead yet, think of the shock einstein would get he would die straight away, besides I'm not saying cloning won't happen I'm trying to discuss how far it will be taken
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Jul 31, 2007, 04:47 PM
    For those of you that say making life in a test tube is wrong, I know a few IVF kids that would like to kick you in the knee caps.

And a cloned army has too many bad points versus having a robot army. Very few question the morality of building unmanned drones and since we are much closer to building robots why not do that. No moral questions, no one saying we are playing god and just as effective if not more so.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Clones have their advantages against robots especially humanoid ones
    Canada_Sweety Posts: 597, Reputation: 49
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Test tube baby... my ex bf is one.... I love him to death I do, so I guess I should maybe back off like a lot.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Oh it will likely be the end of Life as we know it. The first round is just where it actually happens. Then others will begin to learn the technique and it will be used for the greater good... but it won't take long before the generations pass and the knowledge will become more and more accessible.

Then it will go black market. Governments, militias, and other organizations will be trying to get their hands on the technology... building armys of their own...

I don't see it ever stopping...
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 05:17 PM
    I do
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 05:58 PM
    I don't know whether to listen to the logic or the conspiracy talk.... I see it going both ways.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Listen to both then make a conclusion
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 06:16 PM
    The two sides are in a vicious debate in my head....
    But I conclude, cloning people for war is bad.... who wants evil clones coming after us?
    But then again it could be for the better of humanity.
    Frnakly, I see it as, no, no cloning for war... because then what would stop the enemy from getting ahold of this technology and maybe even improving it? Let's just leave it at, people on each side but we can try improving our weapons or something.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 06:29 PM
    Why would the clones be evil, if anything they would be impartial, as as for 'the enemy' getting ahold of the technology it would only be a matter of time anyway, and its not like if you obtain a clone you instantly know how its done, that's why scientists and experimenting to learn more about it, only once you have created will you know how its done,

And if cloning for war prevents original genuine people who have not been GMed from dying I fail to see how it is bad
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 07:04 PM
    I know.
    And as for the evil part, we wouldn't know how to expect them to be, so we should assume the worst.
    As for the emeny getting their hands on the technology... who knows so once again expect the worst.
    Not knowing is what has driven many to fear what is new and recently made. I won't lie, because I don't now how a clone would work or what would happen in the end, I preffer it not happening at all.
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Actually as I put in a previous post army clones will be genetically modified to be less independent and to follow orders so it depends on who orders them about
    -

Jul 31, 2007, 07:17 PM
    And once again, if it gets into the wrong hands?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Could G.W. Bush be a failed attempt at an evil clone of George Sr. The scientist doing the cloning accidentally grabbed the wrong syringe which contained monkey DNA. George Sr. and Barbara Bush suspected there was something wrong when as a child, he would swing from the drapes and throw poop at them. They quickly tried to clone another evil George but instead they got a Jeb. They realized Jeb was not evil enough nor would he do as he was told. After all, he came home from a three day drunk in Juarez, married.
    Time had run out. They went with the first evil clone, monkey boy. As we can see from this debacle, cloning is still very unreliable!
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 10:17 PM
    LMAO mag!
    -

Aug 1, 2007, 09:48 AM
    LMA0!!!!
    I think that's the main reason cloning should be un-alowed.:D
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2007, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Sweety
    And once again, if it gets into the wrong hands?
    Which it inevitably(not entirely sure on the spelling) will,just like nuclear

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search