Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theprodigy06 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Traffic Shaping using Vista and ICS
    My roommate is a YouTube hog. And he makes my work at home a lot harder. With several download and data critical applications running, we both see a slow-down in network performance. But I'm paying the bigger end in the cable bill so I was wondering if I can just limit his access. We share a 5 Mbps connection but I'd like to see at least 4 Mbps. I know I'm evil, but he's not too tech savyy. I did some research and there are a lot of programs out there, but can't figure out which one works best, and if its compatible with Vista Ultimate. Can anybody help out?
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 03:09 AM
    You can find a load of software from download website >>, just search for "limit bandwidth" and you should get a number available software;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dial up ICS with wireless on different PCs [ 4 Answers ]

I am in an area with open WAPs. Is there any way to do the following on a LAN? PC A: Dial-up internet with ICS enabled Connected to LAN using ethernet switch PC B: Wireless internet using internal wireless card

Shaping Maths(P6 work) [ 1 Answers ]

Ahmad and Peter started jogging from point P at the same time,but in opposite directions along a road. After jogging for 2 h,the boys were 34 km apart.If Ahmad's average jogging speed was 8km/h,find Peter's average jogging speed.

To Vista or not to Vista that is a question... [ 9 Answers ]

Does your machine have what it takes to run Windows Vista. Find out HERE with this excellent online tool. (ActiveX is needed for this test) Now personally I will be running Vista on a test box. Hey I've got to at least try and break it, but there is no way it will be on any of my live machines...

Traffic violation [ 2 Answers ]

How many citations does a driver can have before their license is being suspended?

Traffic Ticket [ 3 Answers ]

Hi,this question involves getting a speeding ticket,and when the officer drove off he did not ask me to sign the ticket,is this ticket a vaiid ticket now,as I have the green copy with out my signauteur on,so there will not be a signature on the white copy,I live in the state of Washington,thank,s

View more questions Search