Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    touji-za-nai Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Jul 23, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Simple conversation
    I SUCK AT IT!

Unless there is a topic (silly or serious) I have a hard time holding a conversation. An example is when somebody comes and sits by me while I'm eating breakfast and says "what's up?". They don't always want a conversation but when they do what do I say other than "nothing, how did u sleep" some things just don't progress into conversations -_-
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 23, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Life is either silly or serious. You've got it all covered.

When someone asks, "what's up?", you say the sky or, my d***.

If someone says, "how was your day?" You say, mine was great, but those 112 Al Qaeda operatives are being sent to hell right now; or it was bad because I pleasured three girls, but their boyfriends are quite angry.

And if there is an uncomfortable silence thereafter the greeting, you say "so...here we are", or "how 'bout them cubs" or "dogs are blue on monday".

I will quote Arthur B. Schopenhauer, an unsung hero of philosophy:

"When life looked at, it is very much a tragedy. When looked at in depth, it has the mark of a good comedy."

See what I mean?

XenoSapien
    michellet218 Posts: 51, Reputation: 0

Aug 3, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Be careful what you say to certain people, though, because they could cuss you out. They might get offended easily, especially if you don't know them like that. Just compliment them on their shoes, or a piece of jewelry or something and ask where they got it. They tell you where they got it from, and then you say something like, "i always wanted to go there. what's it like?" or " what type of other stuff do they sell?" or "i have to check that store out sometime.it sounds like what i've been looking for." And then you mention a similar store and say, "have you ever been to _____? they have real nice stuff there." and just start talking from there. That should at least start you off. Talk about the stores in the mall or something.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2007, 06:57 PM
    I agree with Michellet218, be careful what you day , always.
    If u really have nothing to say then talk about the weather, it never hurts, also compliment+be a good listner, and always honest with your content.
    Be honest doesn't mean you have to them everything.
    ALways keep certain things to yourself, sometimes it's just not others business.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2007, 06:58 PM
    If it's a family member, I wouldn't worry about conversation. If it's a friend or acquaintance, I would answer and then ask an open-ended question --

"Wazzup?"

"Hmmm, not much. What did you think of all that thunder and lightning last night?"

Or

"Actually quite a bit! I'm really stressed about going to away to college next year. How are you dealing with that?"

The ball bounces into the other person's court, and voilą! A conversation has been born!
    youngnstupid Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2007, 07:28 PM
    Just ask questions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How does an interview differ from a conversation? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I'm trying to do some research on this topic, Am not getting very far though! Any help you could give on: "How does an interview differ from a conversation?"

Conversation I Had Recently: [ 2 Answers ]

I was chatting with a woman at my job the other day... We're bsing about this and that when for some reason she changes her mind over a trivial matter. We laugh and she says, out of the blue, "This is how you know a woman's mind is never dirty." "How's that?" I ask. "Because we change it...

A female conversation partner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am an internationl girl studying in the US. I am looking for another female who is willing to chat with me online for sometime on a daily or weekly basis (may be 1 or 2 hours) and is willing to help me with some questions like how to say? Thanks ND

Honest conversation... Outcome? [ 6 Answers ]

Ok guys.. Here's a tough one! Remember my last post? I broke my long distance relationship off 4 months ago, I dated another guy, then told my ex I still missed him, he told me he did too, we started having regular contact and realize we have feelings for each other, I told him its very...

How to initiate a conversation [ 12 Answers ]

I need a little advice and some opinions on this matter. I have been single for almost 5 months now, and although I am enjoying being single and recovering from a very serious relationship and difficult breakup, there are times I will see or meet a guy that I want to talk to, and maybe see where...

View more questions Search