Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Is it ectopic pregnancy scared
    Hi

Took pregnancy test one week ago last Fri (home one) came positive. Went same day to obgyn and urine test came negative(however at end of day) Same day took blood test, on Mon OB said I was pregnant, but according to my dates I should be 6 weeks and hcg levels were 26. 2 days later new blood test, and hcg levels were 48, two days later had another blood test and hcg levels were 117. Since last blood test had brown discharge, so OB ordered another blood test today... hcg came back over 1000. (thought was good) but OB wants ultrasound on Fri. because hcg levels seem to be low. Wants to make sure not ectopic pregnancy. Going on vaca on Wed and driving back into town on Fri to have it done because OB does not want to wait till Monday... This would be my fourth child, Ive never had any problems with any of my pregnancys and this is so foreign to me. Help if you can... Thank you
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 06:14 PM
    I'm not too sure about ectopic pregnancy, but I DO know that low hCG levels can cause miscarriage. I am in no way trying to scare you, but I feel its best that you know this so you know what to prepare for if something terrible like this does happen :)
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jul 24, 2007, 08:32 AM
    You also could have ovulated later than originally thought. I had an u/s at 7 weeks that showed I was really only 5 weeks. A second u/s two weeks later confirmed that I was two weeks behind where I thought. Some women take a little longer for their hCG levels to build up. Just remember that each pregnancy is different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ectopic pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Dear all, I would definitely need your help.I was diagnosed for ectopic pregnancy on march 1st 2007 and so an emergency laparoscopy was done.But thankfully the doctor said there was no damage to both my tubes since the baby had come out of it naturally and it was more like a tubal abortion.hence...

Ectopic Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I had a ectopic in May, and I got my first period but it is lasting forever it seems like, 13 days to be exact. Anybody know how long this will keep up?:(

She has had an ectopic pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, my husband and I live in a very isolated part of Australia. There are a lot of young families here for work - Living away from their families and friends back on the coast. We have become close to another married couple, which has been nice for company and support. On Sunday my friend...

Ectopic Pregnancy [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I would appreciate if someone has got knowledge in the above subject to give me an immediate answer. One of my closest friends went on holidays on 28th March 2006. He stayed with his family for one month. His wife has consulted a gyaenacologist who gave her a contraceptive pill as both of...

View more questions Search