Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shana467 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Joint Legal Custody
    The custodial parent informed me that our child may need major surgery. She informed me she took our child to an appt for an exam. She then said she was getting a second opinion. She did not provide me with any information on the first appt or give me the option of going to the appt. Now she is planning a second visit to another surgeon. If she doesn't permit me to attend appt and/or fails to provide me with information.What can I do? Also, if she proceeds to plan surgery without my permission, what can I do?In the past, she has provided schools with an original birth certificate(stating unknown father) She failed to give them the birth certificate with my name. She has moved her out of one school into another without my permission and has not given me any information on her schooling? She is not following our joint legal custody agreement. What can be done? She is alienating me from major decisions.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2007, 04:57 AM
    File a Show Cause Order with the court, since she must inform you.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Go back to court and ask that she be found in contempt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint Legal Custody in AZ [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, My Ex-husband and I share Joint Legal Custody of our 10 yr. old daughter, w/ myself having Sole Legal Custody. My new husband has received a job promotion and in time will require us to move out of state. We have been very upfront about this decision w/ my ex-husband and he seems to be...

How to get joint custody [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse is now at a place in his life he can fight for his daughter not late for payment and never has not paid or been out of her life unless the mother took her away which she did for a year. We have her 6 months out of the year anyway and have a great places for her to live etc.. We do not...

Joint custody [ 4 Answers ]

My brother who is seeking joint custody of his 8 mo old son and has never been married to the mother of his child, but the mother of his child has other children with different fathers had her children taken by CPS prior to her having my brothers son. My brother is wanting joint custody, however...

Joint custody [ 1 Answers ]

My brother is not married to the mother of his child who is now 8 months old. The mother has had other children with different men. She had custody of the other children at one time. The children were taken from her by CPS and given to the other fathers. My brother does have concerns for his son...

Joint custody [ 6 Answers ]

If parents are in high conflict and haven't spoken to each other since the mother was 4 or 5 months pregnant and the child is now 6 weeks old, will that keep the father from getting joint custody? The father refuses to talk with her and has a restraining order on her because she is verbally...

View more questions Search