Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ovd1029 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Kitten Throwing Up
    Just got two kittens (8 weeks old - brother & sister) two weeks ago. Got them from a farm and now am keeping them as indoor cats. Had no problems until yesterday. One of them started throwing up. Did it twice yesterday but it was liquid. Today he threw up again but this time it was his food. I checked to see if he possibly ate something he shouldn't, and found what look like two round worms in the food he vomited.

I know I need to take them both to be dewormed, but how long does that take and do I need to keep them isolated from other cats?

Thanks...
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jul 23, 2007, 12:18 PM
    You definitley need to deworm the kitten,parasites will make her sick.Also her change in diet will make her stomach upset.If you saw worms,this is probably the main problem.:)You need to give the dewormer twice,at 3 weeks apart.The worms will die and pass usually overnight,the second treatment will take care of the worms that may be missed the first time.Worms can be passed,so if they will share a litter box,you may have to treat your other cats.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flame throwing [ 3 Answers ]

I have a LP gas, upflow furnace with a standing pilot. I can turn it on, the pilot lights the main burners as normal, the flame is blue like it should be, and the blower comes on like normal after the unit heats a bit. The problem is every 5 minutes it pops a fireball out the front (I now have no...

Pug throwing up [ 6 Answers ]

My one year old female pug will throw up after she eats. Its not all the time but it is enough that I am concerned. Could heat have an impact?

My dog is throwing up [ 7 Answers ]

We don't have the money to take my puppy to the vet this week and I can't find a vet that will let me pay next week and they won't tell me anything without seeing her, she is 5 months and is acting normal she just keeps throwing up white vomey vomit I don't know what to do

My pup is throwing up [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy started throwing up early this morning and has been consistent all day. She doesn't want to eat or drink much water, what could be wrong with her she is going to the vet tomarrow but I am just trying to figure out what to ask her to look for any help would be greatly appreciated thanks...

Dog throwing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 7 year old female sheltie, she has been throwing up evreything that she eats and Drinks. If she eats something she will throw it up. And samething with water sometimes and it scares me. And when she does it she gags right before. It's a orange yellow looking color! She has been doing...

View more questions Search