Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 03:49 PM
    I Quit!
    My Official Resignation

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult.

I have decided I would like teddy to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year old again.

Bugs Bunny is smart... and he is my friend too.

I want to go to McDonald's arches and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh puddle mud puddle.. .

.. . and make ripples with rocks.

Play with my friends and be Robin Hood and my best friend will be Little John.
    He really is my very best friend and we help all the good people.

I want to think M&M's mms are better than money coins because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big tree tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's sun day.

Or go to the beach have fun in the sun... dig holes... make tunnels.

I want to play kickball during recess and paint with watercolors in art.

I remember when I thought the worst thing in the world was if someone took the jump rope from me or picked me last for kickball.

I want to play stickball, ring-a-leevio, stoopball, and kick-the-can.

I remember when I would walk on the beach and only think of the sand between my toes and the prettiest seashell I could find.

And when I would spend my afternoons climbing trees and riding my bike … I want to be 8 again.

I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew was crayon colors, chalkboard multiplication tables, nursery rhymes... well some of them, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.

All you knew was to be happy happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things
    That should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.
    I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things
    Again.

I want to live simple again.

I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money
    In the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, justice, a kind word, truth, peace, dreams, love, the imagination, mankind, and making angels angel in the snow.

So... here's my checkbook, my wallet, my car-keys, my credit cards and my 401K statements.
    I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first,
    'cause,

Tag! You're it.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jul 22, 2007, 03:53 PM
    I agree I'm quiting to. LOL
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 05:25 PM
    LOL... Somedays I wish it were that easy...
    Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 06:06 PM
    It was pretty easy today. I just let myself think like an 8 year old and was the BEST day I have had in a long time. :p

Well, of course, 80 degrees versus the usual 97 sure did help.:D
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 11:00 PM
    I'm rapidly reaching the age where it won't be long till I'm pooping my pants again. Just be patient, you'll get there again too.
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 12:18 AM
    Wow, what happened? When I was a kid all I wanted to be was an adult and now when I am one I like it. I like to work and get up every morning, and be responsible! ;) So cheer up!
    Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by benn11
    Wow, what happened? When I was a kid all I wanted to be was an adult and now when I am one I like it. I like to work and get up every morning, and be responsible! ;) So cheer up!
    LOL, it's a joke, hence the humor and comedy section of the forum.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 23, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Waahhhh! I want my Maypo (breakfast cereal, for the youngsters LOL)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to quit [ 7 Answers ]

I want to quit school I have been thinking about it for like 9 months I am 16 and 3 months.I live with my boyfriend and my parents really haven't been there for me in my childhood and have been through drug problems.I basically grew up to fast.but in my family that's normal believe me I've been...

How do I quit [ 13 Answers ]

OK so I work at this privatley owned business!! It is an answering service for funeral homes all over the country!! I was a cheerleader threw high school and it is my asst coaches parents business!! So I have always been close with them because I cheered with my ast coach freshman and eighth grade...

I want to quit smoking ! [ 3 Answers ]

This is my 10th anniversary in smoking.I wish I could be advised on how to quit this canker worm of mine.What pushes me into smoking is my friends who always drink and smoke during our outings in bars.I couldn't hold my taste since they claim it is a stress quencher and gives you courage to...

Quit deed [ 1 Answers ]

My name was on the refinancing papers but how come my wife's name is only on the deed?

I quit! [ 2 Answers ]

OK I finally dropped-out of high school.I talked to my mom about it and of course she was all like crying but now she understands my point of view.she wants me to get my ged and I want to.but why do you have to be out of school for 3 months to do this?does anyone know where I can get good ged...

View more questions Search