Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Ground wire
    At what point do you have to use a ground wire in lu of metal conduit, Or do you?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 04:51 PM
    I pull a ground for anything, If conduit gets separated, and a hot to ground condition happens, Breaker will not trip, and conduit can become live. Even if there is an exception, or in question, ground it. Keeps it from becoming Live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voltage on ground wire? [ 4 Answers ]

Using a volt meter, I get a 120 v reading when touching the neutral wire and the bare ground wire. I get no reading when touching the black hot wire and the white neutral wire. What would cause this? Also, in what circumstances would a black wire and a white wire be connected with a wire...

Ground wire [ 1 Answers ]

I have (1)red, (1)black,(1)white wire. The hiuse is 45 years old. Which is ground? pinkwolfe

#12 ground wire for a spa? [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a used spa from a friend. I am ready to run my electrical connections but I noticed the pig-tail that is on the spa has three 6 or 8 Gage wires for hot and common but the wire that I assume is the ground is only 12 Gage or so. Is this because the ground wire serves only to trip the...

Ground Wire for new Service Drop [ 2 Answers ]

I am upgrading my house to a 200 AMP. This requires a new service drop and panel. The technician that came out and gave requirements says I need to run a ground wire that connects my natural gas line, to my water line, to a 8' ground spike and to the new panel. He instructed me to have few as...

View more questions Search