Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonely_blue Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2007, 04:47 AM
    Should I contact her
    My girlfriend broke up with me a few days ago,we had been with each other for just over a year, she says she still has feelings for me, but does not have the energy at the moment to try and keep our relationship going. She is going off to university in a couple of months and doesn't want have the pressure of this relationship as well. I love her and have looked for jobs and houses to be closer to her. She says she doesn't want to prolong it any further and hurting me more, and wouldn't want it on her conciense if we split up after I moved.

Should I contact her and how long should I wait to do so?
    XenoSapien Posts: 627, Reputation: 42

Jul 22, 2007, 05:05 AM
    Wait a week. You are the one who did the breaking up. Tell her you were just calling to say hi, and see how she's doing.

XenoSapien
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 05:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely_blue
    should I contact her and how long should I wait to do so?
    Now is good. I'd hate to hear, "I waited but you never call, you never write..."
    she says she still has feelings for me, but does not have the energy at the moment to try and keep our relationship going.
    I'm not sure 'bout this? Why does it require that much energy?

s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2007, 07:04 AM
    Why do you want to contact her after breaking up with her? If your post is telling it like it is then you were justified in breaking up with her. Now it's time to move on. So my short answer to you is no, I wouldn't contact her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 22, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Leave her alone I mean what more can you say to each other. Its over so let it alone.
    Bubbler Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Jul 22, 2007, 11:12 AM
    I agree with the other posters its probley not a good idear to start making contact with her now, it sounds that you have both come to the end of the road !
    babigirl1 Posts: 127, Reputation: 12

Oct 4, 2009, 11:25 PM

I would just set with it for a few days and sleep on it a few more. If it is meant to be it will be, you will have the pain of the break-up no matter why it happened. As the saying goes, people come into your life for a reason. Your to learn from all things that happen and find the good even in the bad.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I contact my ex? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi,. I was with my girlfriend for a little over a year. We broke up December 06'. We have not seen each other for about 5 months. The relationship was unsettling as she was diagnosed as clinically depressed. When things were good,. it was good. But she had...

What next after no contact? [ 10 Answers ]

Ive stuck by my word and never contacted me ex, she has always been the one to contact me. She said she hated the fact we couldn't be friends. She has emailed me to explain she was sorry for how things worked out but she was so confused in the head about things and she needed time away from guys....

When can I contact him again? [ 15 Answers ]

How long should I wait after the breakup before I can call my ex? I haven't talked to him for about 2 months now and the last time I bumped into him, he told me he misses me, gave me hugs and was sweet to me. When we first broke up, about 4 months ago, he called me for awhile and he kept telling...

Should I contact him [ 4 Answers ]

My ex and I broke up 3 weeks ago because he is moving far away and does not plan on returning any time soon. We had already been doing the long distance relationship for 5 months, only seeing each other for about a week during that time, and we just could not do a long distance relationship any...

View more questions Search