Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabrielap Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Finance
    What is custodian banking?
    Proteus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 01:37 PM
    In the securities business, large institutional investors do not actually take possession of the securities they buy. They use third-parties called "Custodians".

These custodians undertake to electronically or physically store securities for their clients and keep accurate records of the securities held for clients. This is now available to smaller individual clients too, and such institutions are sometimes called repositories.

It works very much similar to how a warehousekeeper stores goods for clients in their warehouse.

This custodial business is called custodial banking.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finance [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, my classmate told me about your website. I have very simple question regarding finance: Question: Compute the present value of a $100 cash flow for the following combinations of discount rates and times: a: r = 8% ; t = 10 years

Finance [ 1 Answers ]

CaptainForest, Can you give me a little insight on this question. Pick a company that had an initial public offering in the past 5-10 Years. Identify the IPO terms and answer the following questions: · Did this company need to go public to in order to meet its Financial needs? · ...

Finance [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between preferred stock and convertible preferred stock? Under what circumstances would you recommend options as a risk-reducing strategy? What is the major implication of the difference between warrants and Calls?

View more questions Search