Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    g1wilson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Newer dimmer not dimming after replacing wall lights
    I replaced two wall lights today, 6 incandescent bulbs, total 240 watts. They turned on, but would not dim. The dimmer is a newer, less than 2 years, a Leviton or Lutron, toggle style dimmer.
    Should I replace the dimmer?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2007, 05:30 AM
    Disconnect one wire from dimmer, if lights go out. Replace dimmer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dimmer switch makes other lights not work. [ 14 Answers ]

I just installed a dimmer switch and because of it, now my closet, hallway and bathroom lights won't work. The dimmer switch does work. If I revert it back to my old switch everything lights up again. Anybodyhave any suggestions?

Harbor breeze fan / Dimmer switch wall control [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I recently purchased a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan and a light/fan dual dimmer switch from Lowe's. We had both installed and it seemed to have worked fine for a week. Then I smelled something that smelled like burning copper(?) and realized that it was the switch that was installed in the...

Dimming lights a safety issue? [ 2 Answers ]

Folks, My lights dim when we run the vacuum, carpet cleaner or any other bigger appliance. I have seen lights dim before and then fade back on to normal after a few seconds. Ours do not do that, they simply dim and stay that way until you turn off the device... Question... Is this a problem or...

Dimming by pull chain the ceiling fan lights [ 1 Answers ]

I have no wall switch for my ceiling fan lights or the fan itself. I wish to find a 3 position pull chain light switch so I can have OFF, FULL AND DIM for the lights. For DIM I would put a IN 4003 diode in series with that position wire. - That would give me 1/2 dimming. My problem is: I can't find...

Lights with dimmer switches buzz [ 2 Answers ]

The lights in our house that are controlled with dimmer switches all seem to have a faint buzzing sound when turned on. Does anyone know why this is?

View more questions Search